6 weeks to go :D

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited April 2009 in The Crudcatcher
and i'll be back up North - away from the depressing, flat, tedious, smelly, arrogant (I could continue) area that is London.

ooo those rolling hills, fresh air, proper fish chips and beer.

Bliss.

Just gotta get my exams out the way and i'm off... even though i'm still gonna be paying another months rent :lol:

I'M A NORTHERNER, GET ME OUTA HERE!! :D

Comments

• Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    6 weeks until summer for me - just my GCSEs between me and 'no work all play' :lol:
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Having lived just outside London for about 9 months now I can't imagine anything worse than moving back up North! Although I'm still partial to the odd visit and I do miss the food/drink.
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • well.... you are from Yorkshire :wink: noooooobody would want to go back there :P

hehehehehhehehehe :twisted:
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Depends where you are oop north. Just outside Manchester where I am is great, all the benefits of Englands second city on your doorstep (without the 60 mile sof suburbs sprawling in every direction you get with London) plus riding from the back door straight onto the Pennines. Good motorway links so most parts of the country are no more than 4 hours away and houses are cheaper. What's not to like.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • aye, i'm within driving distance of North Wales, Peak District, Lake District.. not exactly far from Scotland either.

Thing is with London, i'm yet to find much riding thats as good as the places above ^.
  • lm_trek
    lm_trek Posts: 1,470
    stumpyjon wrote:
    Just outside Manchester where I am is great, all the benefits of Englands second city on your doorstep

I always thought Birmingham was the second city??

Although polls have shown many people believe it to be Manchester but the title belongs to another city.
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    London is good for street riding... :wink:

And... Err... Finding things to hate about London. It's also good for that too. Oh, and making you realise how good everywhere else is.

If I never go back, I'll be happy :wink:

It's not my cuppa tea!
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Nero50
    Nero50 Posts: 47
    i went to london once, never again!
    Zesty is here!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i always thought i hated london and i stil reckon i wouldnt want to live there, but i enjoy a day out there on the odd occasion and am hoping to visit again soon for the natural history museum.

i know i will be settling further north (th wirral) once i finish with my current company as its a cheaper but better place and standard of living and having liverpool on the doorstep is ace.