Another lurker revealed

Fireblade96
Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
edited April 2009 in Commuting chat
Hello all. My name is Fireblade96 and I'm a cycle commuter :oops:

First happened on this site a year or so ago, but started reading it more regularly recently when I started a longer commute (and looking for a new bike) I've been cycling to work for years, but now I have the option to work from home so do that rather too much...
Misguided Idealist

Comments

• Welcome! Be prepared to see more and more of your life waste.. spent on line here! 8)
  • Fireblade96
    Why thankyou !

It's hard enough to concentrate working from home anyway, what with the sun outside.

What have I done ?

Actually, I've been reading a bit of that Commuter Racing thread. I fear I may have been an unwitting commuter racer for some time now...
    Misguided Idealist
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Welcome,

So why not use da blade for commuting? You will get anywhere faster than anyone else!! And probably on wear 1 tyre too.....
  • Fireblade96
    So why not use da blade for commuting? You will get anywhere faster than anyone else!! And probably on wear 1 tyre too.....

Ah, you spotted the "other" bike reference. I used to commute by motorbike, then realised it was actually faster by bicycle - less faff getting changed since my previous commute was only 3 miles into the town centre so I just did it in work clothes.

Now I only go into the office 1-2 days a week, but take the bicycle since the exercise means I have more pie-and-beer consumption potential without getting lardy :lol:
    Misguided Idealist
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Hello all. My name is Fireblade96 and I'm a cycle commuter :oops:

First happened on this site a year or so ago, but started reading it more regularly recently when I started a longer commute (and looking for a new bike) I've been cycling to work for years, but now I have the option to work from home so do that rather too much...

Your parents had a wicked sense of humour calling you Fireblade96 :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112

Ah, you spotted the "other" bike reference. I used to commute by motorbike, then realised it was actually faster by bicycle - less faff getting changed since my previous commute was only 3 miles into the town centre so I just did it in work clothes.

Now I only go into the office 1-2 days a week, but take the bicycle since the exercise means I have more pie-and-beer consumption potential without getting lardy :lol:

3 miles is first gear only! I quit commuting on my GSXR - 160mph on the ring road at 8am was not going to prolong my life......

Good job on the pie eating, make us proud!
  • Fireblade96
    3 miles is first gear only!

Sadly, from Caversham to Reading town centre, 3 miles would have been 1st gear only but not in a good way!

My new commute is nearer 8 miles. By the time I've dragged my ancient MTB-on-slicks with pannier full of laptop etc that far, I'm ravenous. Pies stand no chance !
    160mph on the ring road
    Good man !
    Of course, such behaviour is irresponsible and lowers the public's perception of motorcyclists and I obviously can't condone it.

And Mr. Boffin
    Your parents had a wicked sense of humour calling you Fireblade96 Wink
    why did your parents call you IT ? ;-)
    Misguided Idealist
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    And Mr. Boffin
    Your parents had a wicked sense of humour calling you Fireblade96 Wink
    why did your parents call you IT ? ;-)

He looks like this

itt-01.jpg
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?