Vittoria Rubino Tyre

flamite
flamite Posts: 269
edited April 2009 in Road buying advice
anyone used them? good puncture resistance? want yellow tyres....

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Ride like treacle, pretty wide for their nominal size, and IME quite puncture resistant.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    I've got Rubino pro's on my winter/commuter bike and have had them on for about a year now.
    Fantastic tyres for puncture resistance and I find they ride just as fast as my Pro race 3's.
    I would dissagree with the width as most tyres foul my mudguards but the Rubino's just clear more than all others I've tried.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Excellent tyres.

The Rubino Pro is the folding version and is about 100g per tyre lighter than the simple Rubino non-folding version, but has same compound.
    I've run both on Winter bikes and very impressed.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Gotta be the best value for money tyre there is - under a tenner if you shop around - I have them on my commutter and best bike - come in a range of colours as well
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Wappygixer wrote:
    I would dissagree with the width as most tyres foul my mudguards but the Rubino's just clear more than all others I've tried.

My 25mm tyres measure more like 26.5mm
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • shmo
    shmo Posts: 321
    Didn't have good experiences with either the Rubino Pro Tech folding tyre or the Diamante Pro Rain tyre purchased last year. Both started puncturing repeatedly after a month or so and soon ended up in the bin. Could just be bad luck of course but the Vredestein Tricomps on my other bike outlived both sets of the Vittoria's and are still going strong after doing considerably more miles so I'll be sticking with those in future.
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Rubino Pro folding - good puncture resistance - light enough for a training tyre - rolls well, grips well - good price - excellent value - prices have gone up recently though.
  • GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    I've got the ordinary Rubino's on my Best bike in 23. So far they seem quite good and haven't had a cut yet. That said, I'm taking them off and replacing them with something lighter. I think the Rubino's will do fine to replace my battered old 25s on my hack/winter bike.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Good tough training tyre but I've found the slick version isn't very grippy at times in the wet.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.