Squires and Spires Sportive

entries close this wednesday! 450 riders booked on so far. Does anyone know if its signed? I am assuming it is and the route sheet is just for emergencies. Its so long since I signed up for this I've forgotten which ride I'm on :?
Hope its the 80 miler, it shirley can't be as hard as the Brian Robinson.......
2 minute grovels can sometimes be a lot longer..tho' shorter on a lighter bike :-)

Ride the Route Ankerdine Hill 2008

http://peterboroughbigband.webplus.net/index.html

Comments

• In answer to my own question....

Support for the Participants
    Route Card with Emergency Details
    Sag Wagon Sweep Up Of Riders:

Cyclosport website
    2 minute grovels can sometimes be a lot longer..tho' shorter on a lighter bike :-)

Ride the Route Ankerdine Hill 2008

http://peterboroughbigband.webplus.net/index.html
  • nottscobb
    nottscobb Posts: 147
    I would hope that it is signed as well as having the route card. It must be fairly simple to follow either way as a mate of mine did it last year and he's not the best with directions. He's got me signed up for it too this year so if you see me in my Sherwood CC kit feel free to say hi.

Paul.
  • bs147
    bs147 Posts: 164
    I did the Rutland Discovery last weekend - that was signed but not marshalled. The signs were fine until the local scrotes started moving them - so a little more than advertised distance was achieved!

Looking forward to the Squires and Spires - I live in Daventry so it will be nice to do an event on some roads I know!
  • fosst
    fosst Posts: 45
    hello John,
    squires and spires is fully signed and is a fun ride, nothing too taxing but after 70 odd miles the final few hills can feel bigger than they are..

did the rutland one as well, managed 104 miles for the 100 mile route but i blame the wind for moving the signs around. the squires isn't marshalled either from what i remember but the signing was fine and no local scrotes had interfered.
  • cyclingvet
    cyclingvet Posts: 131
    Itwas well signed last year. I have the route on my Garmin to be safe though. Its not too taxing. Of the 4 sportives I did last year, I had my best average speed by far on this one! 450 riders! That's nearly 150 more than last year!