Recommedation - Cwmcarn!!

CrazySmudge
CrazySmudge Posts: 137
edited April 2009 in MTB rides
Happy Monday Everyone!

Just wanted to recommend Cwmcarn, went out for a ride on Saturday and really enjoyed it. Do not let the climb put you off at first - well worth it as there is great free ride park at the top, views are amazing and the ride down hill is very exciting. Unfortuanly my riding buddy was alot fitter than me and the 2nd climb nearly broke me but the trail though the forest and the run down to the car park was amazing!!

Al

Comments

• I was loving it last weekend. It is a tough 1st climb slightly harder than Skyline ascent at Glyncorrwg I feel with bigger step ups to climb but awesome fun on way down. Totally worth it.

I'm going again on May Day weekend goin to try the downhill runs with a bigger bike.
    Bring it on.
  • CrazySmudge
    down hill runs lookes trememdous! No sure I am brave enough to try the black run - the drop off half way down (beside the road) looks very scary!
  • canada16
    canada16 Posts: 2,360
    Is the downhill section they same level as W2 Afan?

Did cwmcarn XC, And found it ok, was think of doing the down hill.

But only have a XC full suss
  • Planet_x111
    Planet_x111 Posts: 259
    canada16 wrote:
    But only have a XC full suss

Just drop the sadle :D Bikes are a lot tougher than you think. If you did DH all the time then get a DH rig but the occasional 1 on a XC bike won't kill it.
  • chrisga
    chrisga Posts: 587
    Never been to cwmcarn, so does the uplift service at cwmcarn only service the DH course, or can you get to the top of the cross country one too or is it all the same?
  • CrazySmudge
    normally uplift service is for the DH and I don't think it takes you to the park (top of the climb) but I am sure you could blag a lift.

Would try the climb though as you feel "Good" at the top
  • Tim.s
    Tim.s Posts: 515
    You could use the uplift to the top of the DH then ride back down the road to the freeride park and top of the XC.

However the uplift is fully booked all weekend most weekends, you would probably get on during the week but its £3 for one lift.
    "Didn't hurt"
  • mcbazza
    mcbazza Posts: 251
    When paying mention that you want the freeride, and he'll happily stop at the bottom of the freeride section. Then, you either have the option of the short push/ride to the start of the freeride, or you can just do the XC.

Think it's £3 to the freeride section.
    Stumpy, Rockhopper (stolen!) & custom SX Trail II - that should do it!