What is worse?

guilliano
guilliano Posts: 5,495
edited April 2009 in The bottom bracket
Getting a wet bum or not going for a ride? It's stopped raining here and it looks to be brightening up a little, so I'm thinking I might risk it...... but I don't have overshoes or waterproof tights so I'd get a cold, wet bum and feet. Is it worth it to get some miles on the new bike?

Comments

• BenS999
    BenS999 Posts: 202
    If you have the chance to ride, GO AND RIDE!
    I'm stuck in the office and believe me if I had a choice I would be getting soaked right now... :wink:
    2011 Orange Five Pro
    On-One Pompetamine Alfine Comp
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Go riding. After 5 minutes you won't get any wetter.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    guilliano wrote:
    Getting a wet bum or not going for a ride? It's stopped raining here and it looks to be brightening up a little, so I'm thinking I might risk it...... but I don't have overshoes or waterproof tights so I'd get a cold, wet bum and feet. Is it worth it to get some miles on the new bike?

You won't hacve a wet backside if your were not a selfish cyclist and instead you thought of your fellow cyclists ( as well as your bum) and got some mudguards
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    Don't quite see how a set of raceguards will stop the water from my wheel hitting someone behind me...... they are only long enough to protect the arse of the rider. Oh..... and as I ride alone at the mo I don't need to worry too much about other cyclists
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    I think he means when he comes up to you and sits on your wheel all day :wink:
  • JPJ
    JPJ Posts: 11
    You won't hacve a wet backside if your were not a selfish cyclist and instead you thought of your fellow cyclists ( as well as your bum) and got some mudguards

Eh??

If you're going to wheel suck, then you can get wet as well...

Ride, even if it's wet, you'll get a greater sense of satisfaction, if you don't and you're anything like me you'll regret not getting out there..