One not to miss this Sunday:

http://www.cicleclassic.co.uk/page_337489.html

Maggie Bakstedt is riding.
Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,801
    any coverage?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    any coverage?

NO coverage, i.e. TV that I can find.

Full preview of the event here:

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/si ... lassic.asp

180 riders from 9 countries...should be very interesting to watch, for real!
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Apparently it's going to be screened in a week or so - can't remember where I saw that or if it's on Eurosport or ITV

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Apparently it's going to be screened in a week or so - can't remember where I saw that or if it's on Eurosport or ITV

They showed highlights of the race on Eurosport last year.
  • cyclingvet
    cyclingvet Posts: 131
    Had this email from Colin Clewes, organiser of the race....

The East Midlands CiCLE Classic, which takes place on 26 April, will be broadcast on British
    Eurosport 1 on 3 May at 7.30pm and repeated at 7pm on 7 May.
  • cyclingvet
    Here's a few of the many photos I took yesterday

P4260587.jpg
    P4260569.jpg
    P4260787-1.jpg
    P4260836.jpg
  • Good photos whereabouts were these taken? I was watching it pass through Whitwell they were tonking down there.
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 493
    love the last one especially, very good.
  • cyclingvet
    Garcia03_3 wrote:
    Good photos whereabouts were these taken? I was watching it pass through Whitwell they were tonking down there.

The first couple were taken on Cold Newton Hill, the third on Newbold Road, approaching Burrough on the Hill and the 4th on Styegate Lane near Pickwell
  • One year I'll get across to this, but I always seem to have something on that weekend, plus it's a bit of a pain in the behind to get to from me.

Just been watching some videos on youtube, with this one showing some good bits, particularly the off road bit mid-way through where one of the Rapha riders punctures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fhsTwbBYVU
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,801
    yeah I'm going to give it a watch.. I like a bit of domestic racing
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Excellent !

The East Midlands CiCLE Classic, which takes place on 26 April, will be broadcast on British
    Eurosport 1 on 3 May at 7.30pm and repeated at 7pm on 7 May.

Setting my Skybox tonight.....