But tonight we ride and no one attacks
The dark sunglasses cover our tears
Remembering those we held so dear
Tonight's ride is to make others aware
The road is there for all to share
To those not with us or by our side,
May God be your partner on your final ride

http://www.rideofsilence.org/main.php

Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
URBAN_MANC.png

Comments

• always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Sorry - too American for me. I'd prefer to bombard my local council with letters having the same sentiment but directed to specific blackspots.
  • AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    edited April 2009
    Sorry - too American for me. I'd prefer to bombard my local council with letters having the same sentiment but directed to specific blackspots.

I do both, they will have an impact on someone.

Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Fair enough. Its a bit like critical mass though. I don't think non cyclists will get it.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Fair enough. Its a bit like critical mass though. I don't think non cyclists will get it.
    I think non cyclists get it more than CM as its more like Rememberance Day.I'd rather support this and carry on writing letters, emails and making videos.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    downfader wrote:
    I think non cyclists get it more than CM as its more like Rememberance Day.I'd rather support this and carry on writing letters, emails and making videos.
    I'd agree. It's only superficially like CM in that it's a mass bike ride. Unlike CM it's got a single, clear cycling message. If it gets into the media it's straightforward to describe what's going on and what it's about. Posters could be put up along a route so that passers-by can find out about it - you couldn't do that with CM.

I'd support it.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • a silent slow-paced ride (max. 12 mph/20 kph)
    That's quite fast for London.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165

dallas in fact.