new chain

MrT
MrT Posts: 260
edited April 2009 in Road buying advice
Any advice on a new chain...currently run a 10 speed campag set up on double rings...damn thing snapped on saturday..luckily was in saddle at time and mate had a a golden link to sort it out..lot's of bling out there but is it any good?

Comments

• also, i dont know but how often should you change it
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    MrT wrote:
    Any advice on a new chain...currently run a 10 speed campag set up on double rings...damn thing snapped on saturday..luckily was in saddle at time and mate had a a golden link to sort it out..lot's of bling out there but is it any good?

Probably a Sram link. I think they are gold colored. In any case it's nothing more than a "master link" which will work fine until you need a new chain. This new chain will
    more than likely come with a "master link". They are very common and don't seem to cause any problems.

Dennis Noward
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    I just bought a Wipperman 10 speed chain from Ribble. They are selling them for £20.45, you can get that down to £18.41 with free postage if you add a few more bits and bump the order up to £50.

Bound to be something else you need (or just fancy) :wink:
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    Merlin Cycles have KMC 10 speed chains for £16.95 each or 2 for £32 or 3 for £45, although some people have reported breakages recently with KMC chains I've been using them for years both 9 and 10 speed and not had one break on me......yet!.

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/?fn=product&productId=1259&categoryId=117
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'