Who Wants to Lose a Stone ... Apr 22 - Apr 28

meenaghman
meenaghman Posts: 345
Cant let this die a death..especially as now is the time when we should be managing to get out a bit more.
3 weeks since last official weigh in. [sounds like confession]
Start 104kg
Last weigh in 95Kg
Today 94.5kg
Not bad considering the amount of chocolate, wine, beer, and saturated fat (I had Pizza 3 days in a row) I had over Easter.. well it was the holidays.

Had first race in 17 years.. a club handicapped race on Wed. HR avg of 180 over the course of 1:20mins. Managed to hit 196 doing 50Kph on the flat into a head wind. Remarkably all muscles felt good afterwards .. sort of cleared the system I reckon.
Another race next week.. flatter course.. hopefully wind wont be as bad either.

Comments

• Fifer
    Fifer Posts: 60
    Nice overall weight loss and good performance in the race!

Just started serious cycling again in Feb this year and my weight and gone down and my overall distances and times are getting lower.

Start weight: 109kg
    Today: 94kg.

I try and cycle around 120 miles per week when I am home but as I work on the rigs I have 2 weeks of no cycling at all expcet for one of those silly excerise bikes.
    Winter Bike: Specialized Allez Elite
    Summer Bike: Specialized Tarmac Pro SL
  • tonyw43
    tonyw43 Posts: 249
    Managed to get back in to the swing of it this week, dropping back down to 196lbs from 199lbs last week. Training is going well, and am really looking forward to the NR Cyclone. Managed to get the diet back in order aswell, and am taking a lot more protein to ensure proper muscle growth and recovery. Hopefully will reach my target of 187lbs within the next couple of weeks, then try and keep it there (within a couple of pounds).
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    start 93
    last week 83.9
    this weekk 82.9

riding-wise, I did the Brian Robinson Challenge yesterday. 77miles 8700ft climbing - 6 hours, 47 seconds. A great day out and I felt brilliant - the hills are definitely getting better now that I'm lighter.

Kids are back at school now so it's back to full on training.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Good effort there Karen!
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Good effort there Karen!
    Seconded (weight and BRC-wise!) I was looking out for you at the start but didn't spot you.

I'm down to 14 st 10 lbs (93.5 kgs). That's a total loss since Christmas of about 16.5 pounds (7.5 kgs). It's slower than I'd have liked, but it is still close to a pound a week average which is a sensible healthy rate of loss.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Errr, trying to think of something different to say but....

Good effort Colin!