Coach/Training Plan

Elushion
Elushion Posts: 115
edited October 2009 in Training, fitness and health
I am looking for someone on this forum (I am willing to pay) to help me set up a training plan. I am a 16yearold junior that is riding very impressively for his age (Winning open races - 1,2,3rd cat riders). I am looking for someone to help work with me to set up a training plan to increase my performance. I have no powermeter so can only provide distance/speed/average/route.
"It was eleven more than necessary."

-Jacques Anquetil (after winning a race by twelve
seconds."

Comments

• Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    Go and ride your bike.

That'll be £250 please.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I believe Alex_Simmons/RST might be the guy you are after then.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Elushion
    Infamous - I think when you are aiming to home in your fitness, "Go out and ride" is a little un-specific.

seconds."
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Elushion wrote:
    Infamous - I think when you are aiming to home in your fitness, "Go out and ride" is a little un-specific.

"Go out and ride hard" ??
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • joeyhalloran
    joeyhalloran Posts: 1,073
    sounds like you are doing pretty well, whats wrong with your existing plan?
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    Contact Cycling Ulster and they'll find a local coach for you. The coaching director is based down your way is he not so you should be able to get good advice.
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • Elushion wrote:
    I am looking for someone on this forum (I am willing to pay) to help me set up a training plan. I am a 16yearold junior that is riding very impressively for his age (Winning open races - 1,2,3rd cat riders). I am looking for someone to help work with me to set up a training plan to increase my performance. I have no powermeter so can only provide distance/speed/average/route.
    Drop Ric Stern a note at:
    ric@cyclecoach.com

Details of our training plans can be found here:
    Cyclist Training Plans

You can drop me a message but I am going to be away for a week and unsure if I'll have remote internet access, so suggest contacting Ric. We both do the plans (or chat to Ric about more specific coaching if that's what your needs are).
  • Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    Elushion wrote:
    That was my point. 16 sounds a bit young to be doing anything specific.
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Infamous wrote:
    Elushion wrote:

If you're serious about doing something in professional sport, you need to be getting serious at 16, ideally a coach with experience of bringing on young potential, but you're definately beyond the place where simply riding around unstructuredly is going to be best.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • Murr X
    Murr X Posts: 258
    Infamous wrote:
    It certainly isn't! :lol:

At any age though you must be careful not to overdo things, teenagers are robust though!

I would tend to avoid racking up big mileages and focus more on threshold work instead.

Murr X
  • Elushion
    If you're serious about doing something in professional sport, you need to be getting serious at 16, ideally a coach with experience of bringing on young potential, but you're definately beyond the place where simply riding around unstructuredly is going to be best.

That is exactly the case. I am now at the point where I can not improve any further alone. I need professional advice to move upward.

seconds."
  • mackdaddy
    mackdaddy Posts: 310
    I think BeaconRuth is a professional coach. Worth a pm I would have thought.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    BC don't like coaches "coaching" juniors. Advice, guidance and help, that's all...
    Sixteen a bit young, but gotta admire your enthusiasm/commitment.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Isn't there a coach at your club?
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    Not sure why this thread has been resurrected from 6 months ago but here is the same guy's question from last week. I believe splottboy you answered that thread too with the same answer so not sure why you needed to make the point again in an old thread - perhaps you didn't realise it was the same person :D

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12654169