More embarrassing than a clipless moment......

PBo
PBo Posts: 2,493
edited April 2009 in Commuting chat
Relative noob to forum, not commuting - hi everyone.

Been lurking for a while and always enjoy reading the clipless moment stories - and always feel smug that I've never had one - despite some very near misses....

So in the spirit of sharing, something happened to me that is possibly more cringeworthy.

cycling quite slowly through a park, the path narrows due to a barrier which covers about three quarters of the path (probably there as a speed break to stop cyclists bombing along too fast - fair enough in a park, where usually there's lots of kids and dog walkers too)

As I was metres away from the barrier I had some temporary brain fart and decided that my handle bar was about to clip the barrier - the one that I successfully manage to cycle past every commute!

Aforementioned brain fart resulted in a total overreaction, twitching spasm on front brake, jerk of handlebar and despite low speed still managed to elegantly launch over front wheel! (if 14 stone can ever be launched elegantly!)

Ended up lying on back with shoes still clipped in and bike in the air above me, handlebar and crossbar trapping shin, nice cog teeth holes in shin, as well as various grazes - first day i was in short sleeves and shorts too, so lots of bare skin!

several very nice passer's by all checked I was OK - but the pain of embarrassment far outweighed the physical pain :oops:

PBo

Comments

• Retch
    Retch Posts: 78
    Y'know, the silly offs never happen when you're the only person around!
    FCN 5ish. Unless hungover.
  • gutted i feel for you after this weeks experiences....
    FCN 4

thereback.jpg
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    THAT would have been very interesting to see.

It would certainly be worthy of one of those stupid comedy video shows.
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    gutted i feel for you after this weeks experiences....

it was your posts that inspired me! (to share the story that is, not to have the accident!!!) :)

PBo