Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited April 2009 in Your mountain bikes
pbpic2075481.jpg

spec:

crap.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Yep I agree - the toaster should be in chrome at least.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    too much white ware that is white!

Oh can you move that pile of crap so i can have a look at the Oven.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anonymous
    i only keep the bike so i can gob off about how rubbish hardtails are with some kind of authority :wink:
  • Is it yours or just a random mates bike you hate?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    You need some 3lb Zaskar Carbon loveliness!
  • Anonymous
    Is it yours or just a random mates bike you hate?

it is mine, i bought it on here about a yr go from someone who claimed it was in top nick, it wasnt/isnt. i need to get a service done on the fork and a new front brake and then its probably not too terrible, wish i hadnt bought it though.
  • Am I allowed to not hate it?
    I think I like more bikes than anyone else!
    There's very few I hate...
  • Is the lefty fork user serviceable? I've found most forks are OK to service at home.
  • Anonymous
    you are welcometo like it, i dont know if it is home serviceable but i was quoted aroun 200 quid to get it serviced, probs cheaper to get a second hand lefty from somewhere insted, i dont ride it so havent bothered upto now althouh i am tempted.
  • Anonymous
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    How much? :lol:

that is the question!! i am toying with the idea of selling it off to finance a replacement i am more likely to ride.
  • £200 sounds a lot for a service, but I guess the parts aren't readily available.
    May as well get it in a condition that will sell though if you never use it.
  • Don't know too much about lefty forks (& dont want to) but my mate said he got his serviced for around £100 at Wheelbase
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    Is it possible to run a "normal fork" on it?
    For just over 200 quid you could pop a reba from merlin on it.
    Or, sell it and buy another spesh :wink:
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • Anonymous
    i toyed with the idea of a new fork but i would also need a new stem and a new front wheel so it would start to add up a bit.
  • evans will service the fork for 75 quid, including oil and seals, what else needs doing?
    the hippies of today will be the squares of tommorrow
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    i toyed with the idea of a new fork but i would also need a new stem and a new front wheel so it would start to add up a bit.
    I would be tempted to part with the bike then, just something about that fork! Surely it must be somewhat....unbalanced?
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • Anonymous
    the lefty is a sound idea and the bike rides fine, just feels gritty. i only paid 150 quid for it so as long as i could get that back it might well end up for sale.
  • k2rider
    k2rider Posts: 575
    u paid £150 for the whole bike? thats a result i wouldnt mind a lefty on my saracen instead of the fox but it would mean machining a new steerer tube for it and getting a new wheel.
    who cares?