Tested twice today-out of comp test

dave_1
dave_1 Posts: 9,512
edited April 2009 in Pro race
Just read Leiphemer has been tested twice today USADA in the morning, then UCI in the afternoon...

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Those damn SATs!!!

Oh, for drugs.
  • dave_1
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Those damn SATs!!!

Oh, for drugs.

makes the anti doping effort look very fragmented...surely a more worthy candidate than someone tested hours ago?
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    perhaps they have cause to focus on him?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Maybe they've seen some passport related anomaly?

Maybe bad communication?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    edited April 2009
    Sneaky. You see off the testers and think you're in the clear and then Anne Gripper pops up. After all, some steroids have a short half life, you can only test for them within hours of use.

Leipheimer of course hasn't failed a doping control for several years and it's most likely bureaucratic overlap, the UCI actually planning something intelligent is, well, frankly unbelievable :lol:
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Not sure whether this is co-ordinated or not but if you were a doper and knew that after you had been tested then you wouldnt be tested again for, say a few days, then the ideal time to take PEDs would be straight after a drugs test.
  • dave_1
    Not sure whether this is co-ordinated or not but if you were a doper and knew that after you had been tested then you wouldnt be tested again for, say a few days, then the ideal time to take PEDs would be straight after a drugs test.

true...maybe you're right...I haven't looked at it that way....it's really odd he is neither riding trentino or romandie which were totally,c ertainly Romanide, the prep of anyone doing the Giro...so it's suspect...
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    I'm all for it.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    I think it's just that they don't coordinate their schedules and now's a good time before the giro to do an unscheduled test. I've read before that updates to the database that each agency can check is very spotty so they frequently don't know another group tested or tried to test an athlete for a MONTH! (That's what happened with Rasmussen where he'd missed those tests but the UCI didn't know it until the TDF was already going)
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    I'm thinking on those bio passport rumours.
    Still, at least you know with Levi, that those frogemen aren't going to drop by to take hair samples. :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • El Imbatido
    El Imbatido Posts: 144
    I'm thinking on those bio passport rumours.
    Still, at least you know with Levi, that those frogemen aren't going to drop by to take hair samples. :roll:

They will just have to take the hair sample from somewhere else :lol:
    Do you have any Therapeutic Use Exemptions?
    No. Never have.
    Never? What about the cortisone?
    Well, obviously there was the cortisone
  • leguape
    leguape Posts: 986
    donrhummy wrote:
    I think it's just that they don't coordinate their schedules and now's a good time before the giro to do an unscheduled test. I've read before that updates to the database that each agency can check is very spotty so they frequently don't know another group tested or tried to test an athlete for a MONTH! (That's what happened with Rasmussen where he'd missed those tests but the UCI didn't know it until the TDF was already going)

Wasn't Ramsguard complaining about it last year that there's no central database or sharing of information so everyone is wasting resources because nobody knows who is testing who and what their results are so targeting is very much on an agency-by-agency basis?

Look at Phelps in swimming for example - when he got clocked with the bong what seemed notable to me was that it hadn't been picked up in testing, despite him being in at least 2 elite testing pools (FINA and USADA).

I've always got the impression that most athletes seem to be caught more through luck than judgement given how disorganised testing is.
  • dave_1
    markwalker wrote:
    perhaps they have cause to focus on him?

perhaps they can't organise a piss up in a brewery? :)