About to buy Scott Spark 50

ValeTudoGuy
ValeTudoGuy Posts: 87
edited April 2009 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys, im about set to go try a Scott Spark 50 with every hope of loving it and bringing it home. Just a couple questions if I may.

Comments on the bike?
Any reasons why I shouldnt go for this bike?
Anyone got a Spark and can let me know what they think?
Is there a drasticaly better bike at this price point in the Full Sus 4''ish category? or Just some ideas of what else I should be looking at if I realy dont like the ride of the Spark?

Finaly, the Spark 40 is about £200 more. Is the spec worth the difference?

Thanks

Marc

Comments

• Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Plenty of choice in the 100mm - 120mm full suss arena in your budget. So it is definitely worth having a few test rides on a variety of bikes. The full suss sticky is a good place to start but all the major guys have superb bikes in this area - Specialized, Giant, GT, Mongoose, Trek.

Don't know much about the Sparks I'm afraid. I'm sure someone will be along soon who does. Any reviews online?
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • GTracer
    GTracer Posts: 123
    Looks nice, how much are you buying it for? Cheapest price I've seen online is for £1467.99 with a fairly nice spec.

Nice and light for a full suss too but, i don't normally look at 1500 quid bikes because its not my price range. Do any marins catch your attention?
  • ValeTudoGuy
    ValeTudoGuy Posts: 87
    edited April 2009
    £1,649.00 from LBS, i know its some difference but im happy to support and use a local store.

They have the Marin Alchemist 4.7 @ £1,663.98 which looks beautiful but I cant say that I know much about Marin's at all.

My options seem to be:

Commencal Super 4.3
    Marin Alchemist 4.7
    Scott Spark 50
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp
    Trek Fuel EX 7
    Cannondale Rush 5
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    I test rode a Spark 20,best bike I`ve ridden.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • The Sparks are excellent bikes. What kind of riding do you intend to use it for?
  • I currently ride a Meta 5.5.3 and use it for a bit of everything and I have to say its excelent and I cant realy fault it at all.

Im after a second bike for when I go to moer XC oriented routs. Im after a bike that climbs faster than the Meta (Although the Meta is an excelent climber) can still handle some bumps on the down and can corner like an F1 car.

I suppose im just trying to speed things up a bit on the faster tracks. + Il still be using my Meta as my all round tackle anything bike.