Any of you do this on your daily commute?!

Surf-Matt
Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
edited April 2009 in Commuting chat
Posted in the MTB section yesterday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPa ... r_embedded

Comments

• Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    Err yeah all the time.

Absolutely amazing riding. I didn't think it could get any better and it just got more amazing as the vid went on.
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • I stopped watching after about 5 seconds when it became clear that he was riding on a footpath.

Terrible example to set.

:wink:
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Holy sh1t!

That guy is good, wonder how long he can track stand for?!

I wish I could do that - hop over a few slow cars.....
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    What happens at the start? Does he bend his rim and bash it back with a plank of wood?
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    ? Where's the skill in that eh? Don't see him doing 47mph on a long sweeping Pennines hill, or keeping up with the traffic with a cadence in the low 100s. Call himself a cyclist? Kuh...

:)
    Chapeau to him. That was falling, with class...
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Unbelievable skill, the fakie out of that tree was awesome :shock:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    Now I know nothing about this kind of riding but that was beautiful. Don't know what amazed me most the effortless hops, the balance or the precise touch. Wow.
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    pst88 wrote:
    What happens at the start? Does he bend his rim and bash it back with a plank of wood?

Ouch! Now that would bring a tear to the eye on a cold night
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • bratboy
    bratboy Posts: 82
    Looks like my 8 yr old commuting to school, which is mainly pavements and walls too ;-)

Excellent control, if only I had the time...
    SC61.10a: FCN 3, with clip-on guards for winter
    Uncle John: FCN ?? knobblies, or 'fat' slicks n guards

If you haven't tried these things, you should.
    These things are fun, and fun is good.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Theres some amazing stuff going on there. Must have been well organised to avoid hitting someone or going into traffic.

That music sounds like swedish band Katatonia, too.
  • AndyOgy
    AndyOgy Posts: 579
    That's incredible, possibly my new favourite video of it's kind.

Previously, I thought that this was as good as it got:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCPczRJzLmY

Although, being a brighton boy, I was a little biased towards that one.
  • Tonyroc
    Tonyroc Posts: 6
    Normally I'm a fairly fuddy duddy stop at red lights kind of chap but I appreciate skill and ability in all sports.That was superb, just needs a better cameraman. Well done.
    Will ride for food.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Awesome, isn't it?! A friend just sent me the link and I came on here to post it... V impressive!
  • nah i'm to busy fighting dragons & rescuing fair maidens on my trusty steed to mess about like that :twisted:
    FCN 4

thereback.jpg
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    That is extraordinary. ITs great cos I recognise a lot of the places and it puts some scale on it.

Oddly enough, I cycled past a guy on a unicycle (on a major road close to Princes St!!) the other day. I've also encountered that bloke near Vancouver who mountain-unicycles. There's a vid somewhere of him on the top of the Chief (which is like El Capitan, in the sense that you would probably achieve terminal velocity before landing). Note - I was not up on the Chief at the time I passed him, he was just on a bike route in town.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    That was very cool! Having seen the trials riders for the last 2 years at the Freewheel I have nothing but admiration for these guys. It was incredible watching the guy attempt to jump a 6ft. gap between 2 platforms last year, not least becaue it took 3 people to stop the platform moving as he was dumping so much power from a trackstand!!

It would be amusing to take this video to Epic and say "So I hear Viner can custom build me a road bike? I want one that can do this!"
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    Having been a hippety hoppety trials rider for my uni years and spending every evening playing instead of studying I used to think I was quite good, but turns out i was ever so wrong and was infact rubbish, Danny Macaskill is a legend, the youth of today obviously have way to much time and much better bikes :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

nothing to do with skill, imagination and balls of steel
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • No 12
    No 12 Posts: 2
    Only just found this forum, such a cool video.

Ed