Sydney Eastern Suburbs

chrisinleedsuk
chrisinleedsuk Posts: 106
edited April 2009 in Routes
I'm going mental here. Surely there's some trails nearer to Coogee than Manly Dam. Please divulge...

Comments

• bells0
    bells0 Posts: 414
    Not a clue - but i used to live in Coogee when i took a year out after uni 11 years ago.

What i'd give to be back, finishing work and heading down to the beach and a few carlton colds in the CBH!! 8)

Went back for a holiday over Xmas 2007/8 and the place hasn't changed 1 bit!!
  • Would you beleive it, the cbh had a refurb and re-opened last month. Still doesn't find me any trails though, does it?
  • daver1
    daver1 Posts: 78
    I don't know anything closer but Lane Cove National Park is about the same distance from Coogee and has more trails for a bit of variety. You could ride for 4 or 5 hours at Lane Cove without repeating too many sections.
  • Lane Cove in North Sydney?
  • daver1
    daver1 Posts: 78
    That's right. I live in Manly so cycle the dam quite often but doing a 35 minute circuit can get boring after a while. I went up to Lane Cove this weekend and did 3 hours, only going on teh same sections a couple of times. It was also much quieter than Manly dam.
  • Sounds good, where's a good start point and do I need a car for access?
  • The time it takes you to get to Manly Dam, you could be at Lucas Heights and that for me is the best trail in Sydney right now. None of this grading work to make it easy for the beginners and a little bit of North Shore in the middle to boot.

If anyone hasn't been and fancies a trip, PM me some time.......

As for Eastern Suburbs, forget it. There's nothing over there.
  • bells0 wrote:
    Not a clue - but i used to live in Coogee when i took a year out after uni 11 years ago.

What i'd give to be back, finishing work and heading down to the beach and a few carlton colds in the CBH!! 8)

Went back for a holiday over Xmas 2007/8 and the place hasn't changed 1 bit!!

It's all fancy now but I hear the ice cream is a bit shit. Selinas is still as bad (in a funny / good way) as it always was
  • That's so funny, the forum removed my potty mouth automatically. Sh!t