Terra Nova Laserlarge 3

Stuck on a Giant
Stuck on a Giant Posts: 256
edited April 2009 in Tour & expedition
Hi there,

Considering getting one of these for touring with. Anyone got one, comments etc, even comments on Terra Nova quality in general, as we'll have to buy without actually seeing one.

Cheers

Comments

• andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    I've got one. Unfortunately I haven't used it in anger yet so I can't say anything about longevity. It's huge and fairly easy to put up - though there's a ventilation doobrie that looks unnecessarily fiddly.

The weight for space ratio is pretty good. The packed tent is fairly long though it seems to be carriable on a rack. The only thing you might want to be aware of is that you can't get a kit to repair the pole on the road - Terra Nova advised me that if the worst came to the worst to use a bike spoke as a splint.
  • El Gordo
    El Gordo Posts: 394
    I've got a TN Laser (not the Large though) and toured with it every night for seven months. It was an excellent tent and stood up to both heavy rain and very strong winds. I did have to re-sew an inch or two of seam once and the zips got a bit tempermental towards the end but I think that's fair enough for such a lightweight tent subjected to that much use.

I retrospect I wish I'd got the LaserLarge since two people in a Laser was quite cosy but I was too obsessed with weight when I went tent shopping.
  • Here is a bargain - over £100 less than the rec price and plenty of room too.

http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=23951
  • andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    Talking of bargains, Terra Nova are running a trade-in scheme which gives you 30 per cent off in return for any tent in any condition. Details on their website.