Hello all, Newbie here (Surrey)

Jetlag
Jetlag Posts: 29
edited April 2009 in Women
:)

newbie the forum and relative newbie to MTB.

I've just come back to MTB after a long time off due to injury. I've put on heaps of weight and lost loads of fitness!

My SO is mad keen mtber and I'd like to regain my fitness while not slowing him down too much!

Looking for other slow, unfit ladies around the Epsom/North Downs sort of area for some riding (with lots of breaks!). Maybe your chaps want to ride together while we pootle about?

Comments

• Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    Good luck in finding riding buddies! I sympathise - I had to take a good while out due to shonky knees, and wasn't that fast to begin with!
  • Jetlag
    Jetlag Posts: 29
    I'm forever hopeful. Mr JL is very patient but I'm sure he could do with a break from me now and again :lol:
  • Ditch Witch
    Ditch Witch Posts: 837
    I've organized a gentle ride at Peaslake for this Saturday, if anyone's interested :)
    I ride like a girl
    Start: 16.5.x Now: 14.10.8 Goal: 11.7.x
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk
    Specialized HardRock Pro Disc 04
  • Major Dan
    Major Dan Posts: 53
    Hi Mr JL/DW here

Back from a cruise out around Holmbury/ Peaslake. We had a fantastic time, and Karla's now fast asleep on the sofa with a contented smile on her face.

Thanks heaps to Nick (apologies for holding you up) & Shane for showing us the ropes.
    We've already planned to met up again at Oxshott soon. :)

M.
  • Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    Ahoy Mr Jetlag! Glad to hear you had a good time!
  • Ditch Witch
    Ditch Witch Posts: 837
    Contented smile? I'm sure it was a grimace :lol: I was knackered and very hungry when we got back :lol:

Technical stuff and downhills are my favourite. It's the climbs I hate, and there's plenty of them at Peaslake.

Still, you have to do the ups to get the downs.

The real pleasure of it was meeting new peeps and getting Shane back out on her bike. It worked out really well because she waited for me going up and I waited for her coming back down again :lol:
    I ride like a girl
    Start: 16.5.x Now: 14.10.8 Goal: 11.7.x
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk
    Specialized HardRock Pro Disc 04