Playbike is coming along nicely - nearly there! pics

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited April 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Been fettling/trying to get my play/park bike up and running today, the only original items are the frame (which is a great, bombproof , lovely colour and nice geo) and the wheels (which are fine)

Upgrades are:
DMR Trailblade II rigid forks
DMR wingbar
Azonic shorty stem
'Big Cheese' Retro 80s grips and pedals
Gusset EXP crank/BB
Stolen 20t chainring
Salt seatpost
Blank saddle
Shimano DXR brake lever with Fibrax Pro braided hose and Teflon coated inner
Tektro Aquila rear disc brake
YBN Reluctant gold half link chain
New custom-cut decals to liven it up a little

Steerer and chain are being done by LBS at the end of this week. Shes a little belter!

Hope you like it as much as I am starting to!!! :wink:
s1050386.jpg
s1050389.jpg
s1050387.jpg
s1050385.jpg
s1050384.jpg
s1050383.jpg

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    looks good mate + it's a goose :wink:
  • Thats kewl.
    I'd love something like that to mess about on the BMX track back home, but i'd be too scared of doing my back in on a bike so small :lol:
  • The Big Cheese
    in fact its a 24" 'long' frame so not as small as you think, it can run26" wheels also if they are disk :wink:
  • I very nearly bought the commencal maxmax long frame 26"... until I got hold of one! veeeeeery small :lol:
  • nice goose u got there

but personaly for a play bike id want some suspension forks , but that personal preference(sp)
  • The Big Cheese
    nice goose u got there

but personaly for a play bike id want some suspension forks , but that personal preference(sp)

Cheers fella :D

I had some Marz on there, but really fancied rigids to make it more old-skool/BMX like!! 8)
  • ohh right, more like a cruser thing then yeh??

what frame is it btw??
  • The Big Cheese
    Mongoose Ritual 06.

They were about £5/600 back in the day - surprisingly good frames, albeit a little heavy and with a looong top tube. Let down by some heavy kit though, as I said it's the only original part left, the rest is all new kit, still heavy but I'm a fairly big lad so can chuck it around still
  • The Big Cheese
    Funds permitting because it's not urgent, but am hoping to get a set of Halo SAS on there in ano purple :D