Is it true about giant xtc

bikerbennyp
bikerbennyp Posts: 96
edited April 2009 in MTB buying advice
I am going to be buying a giant xtc 2 for this years national cross country series as my old giant xtc is getting abit small and i heard a rumour that the xtcs will be stopped at the end of the year and the talon is replacing it. Is this true as the talons dont look like they are meant for racing.

Comments

• jamieh5463
    jamieh5463 Posts: 223
    No idea, but if the Talon does replace it then they will make the 2010 talon more racey
  • Airienteer
    Airienteer Posts: 695
    It better not do.....
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    Currenlty the Talon only goes up to a smilar spec lvel to the XTC 4.It seems as though its a slightly more relaxed machine,than the XTC.Probably room in the range for both.

Simon from Giant has been in touch with a few more details on the Talon:

“The frame itself has been specifically designed for us at our request with a shorter top tube than our XTC with a 1.5 degree slacker head angle, so less race and much more trail riding specific to suit the UK trail riders. Because it’s a different bike with a different outlook and purpose it runs alongside our current XTC offering and so is not a replacement.
    Regarding price, the Talon 3 begins the line up at £425 with the Talon 0 topping the range at £850, when you look at comparable competitors models the Talons stack up very well price and spec wise. Ladies versions are £425 and £550.”
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • thanks spiderman. so that means that there will still be an xtc and a talon then?