Discover Rutland CiCLE Tour

giant_man
giant_man Posts: 6,878
Anyone done this before? I fancy it as it's local to me but would be nice to do it with others, anyone entered for this?

Comments

• drumsmasher
    drumsmasher Posts: 241
    Hi mate, yeah i have entered it although someone told me a lot of it is on fire roads! Just trying to find out, so if you or anyone else hears exactly what it is can they let us know please. Thanks
    Another tree...another cracked rib!!
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    http://www.cicleclassic.co.uk/page_320867.html

If thats it, it would appear to all be on road.
  • giant_man
    batch78 wrote:
    http://www.cicleclassic.co.uk/page_320867.html

If thats it, it would appear to all be on road.

This is the actual race on 26th April, the route I was on about is the day before, the 25th. I a guessing, without looking at the routes, that part of the race is on the route the day before.

Confusingly there's also a 'East Midlands (Melton) CiCLE Challenge Cyclo-Sportif' on 12 July.
  • drumsmasher
    drumsmasher Posts: 241
    I emailed the guy who is running it and he has confirmed its all on roads as he didnt think people would be too pleased taking their best steeds on rough ground...Correct! So all is fine for bringing best bikes!
    Another tree...another cracked rib!!
  • giant_man
    Sounds good to me in that case. Have to say, the piccie on that link did put me off a bit, looked rough as hell surface wise. Probably worth the 20 quid entrance fee in that case.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I think the Melton CiCLE race has a couple of off road sections, certainly in the review of the route in a C+ last year they likened it to Paris-Roubaix!
    then when I saw the coverage on Eurosport it definitely had some rough sections. A friend did the Melton Challenge Sportive last year and said they coped fine on their best road bike.

This isn't the Rutland event though, but thought I'd add my bit :lol:
  • dmb4
    dmb4 Posts: 30
    well worth doing it is an excellent route