Tifosi CK7 what's it like L.I.T

skye3737
skye3737 Posts: 37
edited April 2009 in Commuting chat
I'm thinking of getting one for my commute so any chance of a quick review of the Tifosi CK7.

Which groupset did you go for the Shimano Sora triple or Campag Veloce ? It hard to see from the pic in your sig as it's round the wrong way :wink: :

Also is that a ghost in the window of that pic. :shock:

If anyone also has this bike your views would great. :D

Comments

• lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Yes, yes there is, it's the ghost of Christmas yet to come. She hangs out at my house checking out my bikes.

It's nice, I like it a great deal, came with mudguards as standard, also has eyelets etc. for a pannier rack.

Carbon fork, for what it's worth, pretty light, but solidly built. Long head tube means it's good for someone like me with a short torso, comfortable relaxed position.

It seems pretty solid, would withstand knocks etc...

I went for Campag... more expensive but I prefer the shifters, and for some reason I decided a compact would do...
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I went for Campag... more expensive but miles better

Fixed that for you.
  • skye3737
    skye3737 Posts: 37
    Thanks for that. Someone had ordered one at a localish bs and it looked a nice bike and a ideal commuter.

I'm also thinking of going the Compag route but there're asking about £950 for it though. :cry: Is that about what you paid?

The only other thing is, what size are the tryes?
  • lost_in_thought
    skye3737 wrote:
    Thanks for that. Someone had ordered one at a localish bs and it looked a nice bike and a ideal commuter.

I'm also thinking of going the Compag route but there're asking about £950 for it though. :cry: Is that about what you paid?

The only other thing is, what size are the tryes?

I think I got it for £899 - from www.fatbirds.co.uk after wiggle let me down. Very nice people - they pretty much built it for me then sent it next day delivery for free which was nice too!
  • AllTheGear
    AllTheGear Posts: 248
    I went for SRAM... more expensive but miles better

Fixed that for you.

Fixed that for you.
    ... and no idea ...

FCN: 3
  • Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    Got Veloce/mirage on mine it's great. I commute on it, toured on it and done Paris-Roubaix on it. Honest photo's are here and here
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Obviously I have no idea what size you are

But Chain Reactions have an old model in XS (46.5cms) for £487

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=26673[/url]
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Wooliferkins
    Reading the spec the chain reaction one I think will be blue not as the picture. The CK7 doesn't appear in the grey until the 1 1/8 frames came in last year. Check if buying. I could be mistaken but I don't think so.
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • lost_in_thought
    Reading the spec the chain reaction one I think will be blue not as the picture. The CK7 doesn't appear in the grey until the 1 1/8 frames came in last year. Check if buying. I could be mistaken but I don't think so.

It is definitely the blue, as per Wooliferkins' one. I rang them to see if they had it in a small, the size I needed, and they didn't, nor did they have the colour scheme they show.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    is this your down under bike LIT?
  • Wooliferkins
    Scroll down to Tifosi here this is Fridays stock. Unless you read this later than Sunday of course. Where did I park the DeLorean?
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • I've just recently taken delivery of one of these from Echelon in Pershore. £930 with Mavic Open Pro wheels and Shimano 105. Cracking bike to ride. I ordered the grey and had a fair old wait (ordered November delivered February) but worth it. Good quality finish and touch wood seems more resiliant to chips than the blue (which a colleague has).
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878

It is definitely the blue, as per Wooliferkins' one. I rang them to see if they had it in a small, the size I needed, and they didn't, nor did they have the colour scheme they show.

Dunno

Just came across it while window shopping for bikes I don't need & can't afford. They do have a couple of different models listed, possibly customer returns

I do bow Wooliferkins greater knowledge.

He does have a bike shop to promote after all :wink:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!