Bianchi c2c Via Nirone 7 Veloce

slymarques
slymarques Posts: 21
edited April 2009 in Road beginners
I'm about to buy this bike on the cycle 2 work scheme. I have tested the bike, been measured, and all looks sweet. Just to have complete piece of mind, any owners of this bike here? I cannot find any reviews of the 2009 model.

As usual, my voucher will only stretch to 1000 pounds, but my friendly cycle shop, will allow it. (50 to pay on top of the voucher).

I would have loved to buy the Boardman Team Carbon, but my cycle scheme would not cover Halfords or Bike Hut......

I have also looked at the Giant Defy 1.0, and Spesh Allez Elite; but somehow the Bianchi feels special....(especially in Celeste)

Am i being blinded by looks? Advice welcome.....

Comments

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    It's a bianchi, with campag, what's not to like!

At the end of the day, if it fits you and you're happy with the colour then go for it.
  • markmod
    markmod Posts: 501
    I have just bought a Bianchi c2c Via Nirone 7 Xenon/ Mirage as my commute/ everyday wet weather hack. I'm really impressed, for an entry level bike with entry level spec groupset it rides really good. I used it yesterday for commute and it was as ejoyable to ride as my Scott CR1 with full Chorus.

I am well pleased with my purchase- its a great bike and looks like it should have cost alot more.than it did :D
  • zedders
    zedders Posts: 509
    I got a Bianchi C2C with 8 speed Sora about 18 months ago. I have done around 3000 miles on it and it's been fine, even in crap wet weather. No probs whatsoever. I have kept it clean & maintained the best I can though, & all I've done is change break pads, & chain to date.
    It's been mentioned by a few biking mates that the frames ''nice'' and that it's a good bike to upgrade with if your just starting out?
    After a few months I upgraded the wheels as the ones that came with it were a bit heavy, and it's now even better.
    My mate got an entry level Giant, at roughly the same time as me. As far as I'm concerned my bike, looks, and rides a whole lot better, but mine was an extra £100.

Zedders.
    "I spend my petrol money on Bikes, Beer, Pizza, and Donuts "

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38256268@N04/3517156549/
  • Thanks for the replies. I'm hoping to get the voucher next week....I'm sticking with the Bianchi.... Now I need some new sunglasses to go with the new bike :)
  • roadrider84
    roadrider84 Posts: 335
    It's an excellent bike. You will not be disappointed.
  • markmod
    markmod Posts: 501
    and so the search for celeste accessories begins...

Got some nice bottles in celeste from GB cycles... they have some nice Celeste Bianchi branded gear... I like the look of the Celeste hudz too, but will upgrade the xenon shifters to veloce first I reckon...

I have been looking for a retouch up paint that matches the celeste colour for chips etc, there is a Bianchi paint retouch pen but apparently its very thin (the paint not the pen!) and doesn't match very closely, any one have a better supply/ colour reference for the celeste colour?