Men in tights

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited April 2009 in Commuting chat
What is the deal with women blatantly staring at ones 'credit crunch' whilst wearing tights, I was amused the first couple of times but now that someone actually touched my leg I'm becoming a little uncomfortable exposing my lycra clad self in public. :shock:

I've noticed a few cyclists donning the bright coloured lycra shorts over tights, is that to camouflage the various bulges or just to show off team/club kit.

I feel so cheap and used :roll:
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Shorts over the top saves the violation.....Obviously it helps if you are hung like a baboon.
  • itboffin
    gtvlusso wrote:
    Shorts over the top saves the violation.....Obviously it helps if you are hung like a baboon.

I assume by that comment you're not referring to my beer belly :wink:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • gtvlusso
    Do baboons drink beer? I feel educated!
  • itboffin
    gtvlusso wrote:
    Do baboons drink beer? I feel educated!

Would seem so http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstor ... sid=190540

That might not be a baboon they beer belly makes it difficult to tell :D
  • Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200
    I simply remove my rucksack and carry it when in the office. But I've never been bothered about the leg touching thing - as long as its just women I know :wink:
  • SteveyW
    SteveyW Posts: 19
    if thats all it takes for a bit of action...I'm looking for my tights tonight :)
    FCN = 12 (er.......is that bad ?)
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    I don't mind it. I'd definitely take a good look at them if they were in tight clothing, just take it as a compliment.

Leg touching might be going a bit far though...
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    It happens occasionally - even a lesbian friend openly admitted to checking it out! But not as often as I'd like. I get compliments on my legs every now and then.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    biondino wrote:
    It happens occasionally - even a lesbian friend openly admitted to checking it out! But not as often as I'd like. I get compliments on my legs every now and then.

Hang on, we talking about your moobs, or your "credit crunch" here?
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I don't have moobs thank you very much! We're talking about my manbits.

(you realise when DDD finds this thread we're in for a treat of epic proportions, in every sense...)
  • itboffin
    I'm surprised he didn't start this thread :P
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    I find it very hard not to look sometimes.

It's often less of a lecherous 'phwoar' reaction and more of an inward "blimey, look at that!"

It's not often they're so proudly on display and it's not always easy to control the eyes, so sorry if they dart down now and again :P
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    It's even more worrying when your male colleagues say things like "blimey, you've got better legs than my misses!". :oops:
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Itboffin... you say you never choose to looks at girls when they wear scantily clad stuff...??

doesn't bother me, if you catch them having a proper stare offer to do some deep lunges for them.... face set to embarrassed

:lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Now I have a more suitable bike myself and a friend of mine have started to go out cycling alot, more. He takes his cycling very seriously...in fact to the point where he cycles road races for the Royal Navy (he's an RN officer anyhow) but we do go out on the occassional 'easy' ride as he refers to it (they kill me but hey)

Anyway I knew him previous to the cycling malarkey, so always saw the normal posh bloke, but the cycle shorts were a surprise to the point where I didn't think before I spoke and blurted out 'Bloody hell, nice!'

embarrassed wasn't the word, but in a short answer to the question...yes we girls do get a good look :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Where do you guys work, I'm obviously missing out :cry:

It's obviously even spread to Bristol, but it's yet to get to Greenwich, I've been waiting years to sexually harrased :wink:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    Ooh err, I think if I was to find myself the subject of attention in my gear the result would be rather apparent :oops:
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    itboffin wrote:
    What is the deal with women blatantly staring at ones 'credit crunch' whilst wearing tights, I was amused the first couple of times but now that someone actually touched my leg I'm becoming a little uncomfortable exposing my lycra clad self in public. :shock:
    I've never had my leg touched. :shock:
    The final straw for me was hearing an, "Oi!", behind me and getting my picture taken, by a complete stranger, on a mobile phone camera when I turned round.
    itboffin wrote:
    I've noticed a few cyclists donning the bright coloured lycra shorts over tights, is that to camouflage the various bulges or just to show off team/club kit.
    I now wear a pair of baggyish Gore Bikewear shorts if I've got to go into shops etc.
    itboffin wrote:
    I feel so cheap and used :roll:
    It did make me wonder if this is how attractive lassies feel when they get jeered and whistled at from builders etc.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    Rich158 wrote:
    Where do you guys work, I'm obviously missing out :cry:

It's obviously even spread to Bristol, but it's yet to get to Greenwich, I've been waiting years to sexually harrased :wink:

The only time I have been sexually harrasses was wearing a DJ in Ritzys in Nottingham many moons ago. Lucky to get out of there alive, shudder.
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    I'm not quite sure how I'd take this.......I guess another way to look at it is it can't be much worse then a large breasted women getting sick of men constantly talking to her chest ;-) Heck on the way home in the car last night there was a young lady running down the pavement and she CERTAINLY wasn't wearing a support top.......poor girl damn near had black eyes :shock: Yes I looked, but I don't think any heterosexual male couldn't have!

Personally speaking I can't say I've ever noticed anyone blatantly staring at my "credit crunch" but then for my commute I'll generally have something over the lycra.
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Crapaud wrote:
    It did make me wonder if this is how attractive lassies feel when they get jeered and whistled at from builders etc.

Not wanting to get all emmeline pankhurst on you guys but yeah, hmmmm...

Actually, I'm guilt-tripping you. Take it as a compliment, unless they're laughing. Then take it as an insult!
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    thats one reason i tend to wear baggies as i feel being able to answer left or right is too much information, but i think these shorts are a little thin and clingy there....
  • il_principe
    I've been banned from wearing just lycra in the office, so now wear baggies over the top! Not that I paraded around in lycra all day of course, merely upon arrival and departure!
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    I've been banned from wearing just lycra in the office, so now wear baggies over the top! Not that I paraded around in lycra all day of course, merely upon arrival and departure!

Yeah, right, you clearly spend ALL DAY in lycra checking yourself out in the mirror. We're all friends here, you're only kidding yourself. :wink:
  • il_principe
    It's for the good of my female colleagues, especially the new girl! 1st impressions and all that...
  • I once got wolf whistled by some Brickie types in a transit van, they were purple with embarrassment when they saw my stubble bearded face!
    I almost fell off my bike laughing.
    If you see the candle as flame, the meal is already cooked.
    Photography, Google Earth, Route 30
  • girv73
    girv73 Posts: 842
    I'll hold a backpack or cycle helmet in front of the smuggled budgie when I'm clumping about the office in lycra and SPDs, saves embarrassment all round I guess.

Belfast lasses must be very reserved generally though, as I've yet to be whistled at or groped in the street. Obviously they want to, they're just shy. Still, shorts weather is coming and the sight of my hairy man pins will no doubt overcome all inhibition. I'm sure that's how it'll go, yes.
    Today is a good day to ride
  • itboffin
    Yes the alleged summer....

Are those cool Castelli bib shorts going to look as good as I thought with a pair of bright white yeti legs attached? :roll:
  • gtvlusso
    I guess this is a question of etiquette.....In which case, do you stare at the crotch and glance away when clocked or do you avoid all eye contact altogether and run away?

From the comments on here, I am gonna start wearing my 3/4 bib shorts in Tramps discotheque......bring it on!
  • il_principe
    itboffin wrote:
    Yes the alleged summer....

Are those cool Castelli bib shorts going to look as good as I thought with a pair of bright white yeti legs attached? :roll:

No.

Does your good lady ever use fake tan?...