Female riders in North Wales.

scale20
scale20 Posts: 1,300
edited May 2009 in Women
Hi Girls,

If you live and ride in North Wales and want to get together with other female riders have a look at www.mbnw.co.uk a website and forum specificly for riding in and around the North wales area.

We have a few girls on there that regularly get out for rides together but they could do with a bit more company.

There are regular monthly forum rides and members planning rides all the time.

Even if you dont live in North wales but plan on coming up, log on and get some female riding buddies that can show you the routes that are available up here.

We could do with a few more girls to kick the blokes into touch! :lol:
Niner Air 9 Rigid
Whyte 129S 29er.

Comments

• I ride mainly in North/Mid Wales but I'm always scared to join people I don't know :oops: I normally ride with two lads who know how I ride (and tend to 'look after' me)

I've just recently done The Beast at C-Y-B and the Marin at B-Y-C but still haven't got the confidence to say 'I know what I'm doing' :?

I've also done Degla and Penmachno (be it under 4 inches of snow)
  • Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    I ride mainly in North/Mid Wales but I'm always scared to join people I don't know :oops: I normally ride with two lads who know how I ride (and tend to 'look after' me)

I tend to ride on my own because I'm worried about slowing other people down. :(
  • Thanks for web info. I'm on holiday in North Wales mid May. Staying near Llanberis. I'll be up with rest of (non biking) family but I intend on bringing up my bike and doing one or two days of off roading.

If someone's free to meet up with that would be great. I think Penmachno would be nearest trail?
  • Mrs Toast wrote:
    I ride mainly in North/Mid Wales but I'm always scared to join people I don't know :oops: I normally ride with two lads who know how I ride (and tend to 'look after' me)

I tend to ride on my own because I'm worried about slowing other people down. :(

I do slow people down, but the 2 lads I go with just wait for me at the top of the climbs. They say their just glad of the rest lol ! The downhills...............arh I can keep up on them (well nearly :wink: )
  • If someone's free to meet up with that would be great. I think Penmachno would be nearest trail?

Marin or Penmachno are quite near. If you let me know of a date I could see if Im off work :wink:
  • If someone's free to meet up with that would be great. I think Penmachno would be nearest trail?

Marin or Penmachno are quite near. If you let me know of a date I could see if Im off work :wink:

Thanks. We are up there 16th -23rd May. I'll PM you nearer the time.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Mrs Toast wrote:

I do slow people down, but the 2 lads I go with just wait for me at the top of the climbs. They say their just glad of the rest lol ! The downhills...............arh I can keep up on them (well nearly :wink: )

Ditto - sounds like me!! :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Jetlag
    Jetlag Posts: 29
    Mrs Toast wrote:

Ooo! Are you Missus Toast of firecat-a-go-go fame? If so, I stumbled across your blog the other day! Very much fun :)
  • Mrs Toast
    Jetlag wrote:
    Mrs Toast wrote:

Ooo! Are you Missus Toast of firecat-a-go-go fame? If so, I stumbled across your blog the other day! Very much fun :)

Yar, that's me blog. I find it a good way of monitoring progress (and dogs)!
  • Jetlag
    It's a great blog. I love your Map of Joy. I was tempted to join up to the Chase just to get those coasters :lol:
  • Hi I'd be really interested in coming along for a bike ride and meeting up with other lady riders. I live in north wales and try to go out as often as I can but its usually with other guys. I also work in an engineering office so I don't get to experience much female company! Please let me know when you are next going out and I will try and come along.
  • Mrs Toast wrote:
    Jetlag wrote:
    Mrs Toast wrote:

Yar, that's me blog. I find it a good way of monitoring progress (and dogs)!
    Sorry to butt-in off topic but:-
    Naturally, when we got to the top Mr Toast had to spend a good few minutes fiddling with his bike. Normally, excessive fiddling leads to complaining, then complaining leads to parcels from Chain Reaction and Merlin arriving at work.

I had a right good laugh at that :lol:
  • Jetlag
    Sounds like my Mister :lol:
  • Mrs Toast
    I've said it before, but I swear we have tyres breeding in our shed. Every time I open it, more seem to have spawned...

Dangerously back on topic, we're planning on hitting C-Y-B soon. Any idea which of the red trails are 'easiest'? I don't mind doing as I did at Dalby, and just walking down the odd one or two obstacles which I deem to be too 'WTF?!' - riding the rest of it is more likely to improve my skills than sticking to pootling around fire roads!
  • lovelybones
    lovelybones Posts: 44
    Ooh C-Y-B is sooo much fun. Dont do as I did though and let yourself get pushed into doing The Beast !! It nearly killed me. It was the length more than anything. Oh and some pretty steap climbs. The techy stuff wasnt too bad to be honest. I was feeling brave the day I did it :wink:

I wanted to do the MBR trail. It covers some of The Beast but is shorter.

Where are you staying when you go there? We stayed just up the road in the log cabins. I saw them advertised in WMB mag but managed to get one a lot cheaper than the one advertised in the mag.

Let me know how you find C-Y-B. We did the Marin the day after. Only takes 30mins to get there from C-Y-B