My Scott Spark 35

ShaggyRS6
ShaggyRS6 Posts: 247
edited June 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Some out in the sun pictures of my new bike. Still on 10 miles a day ATM, but feel now I am ready to do more and also ready to start taking it on stuff other than bridle paths.

LOVING every minute of it. So glad i got the bike I did.

scott1.jpg

scott2.jpg

scott3.jpg

scott4.jpg
11 Scott CR1 Comp

Comments

• xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Shiney new bike. Looks awesome. :mrgreen:

But that water bottle, looks like antique. Sorry. :lol:
    It doesnt match the modern, stealty look of the bike.
  • ShaggyRS6
    Spec me a water bottle then Xtreem. Something from Chainreaction. And I will get it :)
    11 Scott CR1 Comp
  • jamesst
    jamesst Posts: 322
    i love ur bike bud, im after a scott FS frame next, whats it weigh, do u know? re the water bottle, the colours a bad move hey? plain see through jobby is the way forward...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Like the motor wot bhp that running??
    also like the bike :wink:
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Hey, I'm not an expert on water bottles.
    And sorry, but the better looking aren't in stock. :(
    Hydrapak Gel Bottle
    Campagnolo Water Bottle
    Controltech Stream Water
  • ShaggyRS6
    The bike weighs 11.55 kg / 25.44 lbs and being carbon it really soaks up the vibrations.

The car has been played with a little and runs 530BHP
    11 Scott CR1 Comp
  • jamesst
    530 bhp, yummy! i love the RS6's
  • ShaggyRS6
    Thanks, can you advise on some pedals as well?
    11 Scott CR1 Comp
  • jamesst
    ShaggyRS6 wrote:
    Thanks, can you advise on some pedals as well?

pedals r such a personal choice, ive always gone for and love eggbeaters, do u want spds or flats?
  • ShaggyRS6
    Flats Please
    11 Scott CR1 Comp
  • ShaggyRS6
    I got a Camelback Podium Bottle in White and Black as it matches my Forks ;)

I have ordered the following:

Pedals - Frog Chromoly

Shoes - Northwave Lizards
    11 Scott CR1 Comp
  • jamesst
    thought u wanted flats mate, arent frogs a cleated peddle?

goo9d bottle choice
  • ShaggyRS6
    Changed my mind on the pedals after today.

I am beginning to ride more aggressively and I am noticing my feet coming off the pedal. i would also like to benefit from my foot pulling as well as pushing.
    11 Scott CR1 Comp
  • jamesst
    they make all the difference mate i wouldnt be without em, let me know how u get on with em, frogs are all but unheard off in my opinion, where abouts do u ride?
  • ShaggyRS6
    I went for the frogs on advice from my local bike shop. In fact the owner was a British Champion at road cycling at one point and could have done the same at MTB (only found this out just recently)

Anyhoos, he said go for the Frog Titanium which are too expensive. So he then suggested the one's i have listed.

I done some research and they look as though they have good reviews.

I ride in Kent, typical riding for me at the moment is bridle ways, in fact I cycle the National route one 10 miles each day at the moment. It's a gravel/dirt path along the sea wall between rainham and gillingham. I also ride on the road from time to time with my son.

this is becoming a bit boring (although beating my previous days time is good) so I want to do something a bit more technical to get my skills up.

"Not just a great off-road pedal system, Speedplay Frog pedals are ideal for road riders who prefer a recessed, walkable cleat. Like their amphibious namesake, Frog pedals are equally at home in dry or muddy terrain. Their unique cleats are virtually immune to clogging with mud or dirt, because debris is pushed out whenever you engage the pedal. This simple mechanism also puts an end to those infuriating falls caused by gunked-up pedals that won't release. You get out when you want to, and never when you don't. Of course, you also get all the advantages of Speedplay's other innovative designs: knee-friendly, non-centering free float; lightning-fast entry and exit; and phenomenal light weight.

Whether you ride a mountain bike, road bike, tandem or 'cross bike, the Speedplay Frog can do it all. The most econonmical Frog includes all the same great performances features.

* Instantaneous release puts an end to low-speed falls
    * Non-centring flee float minimises knee strain
    * Perfect for MTBs and touring bikes
    * 20 degree release angle"
    11 Scott CR1 Comp
  • adb1006
    adb1006 Posts: 938
    RS6... dribble...
  • JxL
    JxL Posts: 383
    Wow, what a beauty!

Is that a 120mm reba? Looks a bit longer than mine!

Id love to extend mine to 120mm if its possible :(
  • ShaggyRS6
    Rock Shox Reba SL
    Air spring
    Motion control
    Lockout / reb. A.
    Alloy steer
    120mm travel
    11 Scott CR1 Comp
  • JxL
    JxL Posts: 383
    Hmm thats interesting!

I have contacted the RS distributors for the UK:
    Dear Sir

The aftermarket 2009 Reba Teams come in two travel specifications: One has a Q/R axle comes with 100mm of travel and can be taken down to 80mm by inserting a spacer and the other has the Maxle-lite axle, comes with 120mm of travel which can be reduced to 100mm.

Therefore although the Reba team range is indeed available in 80/100/120mm no one model covers all three.

If you require a lightweight 120mm travel fork with a Q/R axle your best bet would be an Air-turn Revelation.

The SL's must be different!
  • Welcome to the Spark owners club.

I started riding my 30 with a bottle, pump, saddle bag, lights, mudguard and other bits attached. They came off pretty soon though once I realised that the bike is designed to be lightweight and adding weight to it defeated the object of owning and riding it. Putting these things in a backpack will improve the handling and make your rides even more enjoyable.

Anyway, nice bike and glad you are enjoying it.
  • ShaggyRS6
    Yeah the lights are off. Just the brackets on, and the pump will come off when its back from the bike shop. Gonna leave the bottle on though. :)
    11 Scott CR1 Comp
  • geez... i luv that rs6 too :lol:
    Ride now - Ride forever
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    I've just got my first full sus, scott spart 50, can't afford the carbon frame :cry: i'm not a great rider but i'm loving this bike it's so light and nimble, i always have a smile on my face when out on it :D
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • gezzza
    gezzza Posts: 324
    The Spark is already a classic IMHO having owned two already both full carbon ones :D
    They work best when ridden hard they are not for poddling around.
    The lighter they get the better they ride the only accessory that should be on a spark is some frame protectors.