This problem really has me beat ! ... new groupset.

Comments

• robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    My first thought is that you might have over-tightened the preload on the bottom bracket bearings and borked them, but we need more info.

Is the clicking once or more per revolution of the pedals?

Have the wheel bearings been serviced?

If you try a different (known good) wheel does the problem persist?

If you take the chain off and spin the cranks, are they smooth or is the click aparent then?

Is the rear wheel installed correctly?

Is the chain installed correctly with no stiff links?

There are so many potential causes, you need to be systematic and eliminate them one by one.
  • baz2963
    baz2963 Posts: 174
    robbarker wrote:
    My first thought is that you might have over-tightened the preload on the bottom bracket bearings and borked them, but we need more info.

Is the clicking once or more per revolution of the pedals? Its most definately more

Have the wheel bearings been serviced? No

If you try a different (known good) wheel does the problem persist? Will try that one, but no I havent

If you take the chain off and spin the cranks, are they smooth or is the click aparent then? smooth as a babys bottom

Is the rear wheel installed correctly? yes

Is the chain installed correctly with no stiff links? yes

There are so many potential causes, you need to be systematic and eliminate them one by one.

Cheers Bazza
  • robbarker
    Did you use a spacer with the 10 speed cassete? (They're narrower than 9 speed cassettes)

Sounds like that (unlikely but needs to be correct anyway) or (more likely) the wheel bearing or (less likely) the freehub.
  • baz2963
    baz2963 Posts: 174
    Yes I did, its the 1mm spacer that goes on first your referring to isnt it ?
  • robbarker
    That's the one.
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    I take it you're using a 10sp chain now to (and that you also replaced the chainset and rings as part of the new groupset)?
  • Does it happen in every gear & on both rings?
    Campagnolo Appointed Service and Warranty Centre for the UK.
    Weldtech bicycle maintenance & reapir courses to industry recognised standards, for the trade and members of the public.