mavic freehub spacer

Jonr
Jonr Posts: 73
edited March 2009 in Workshop
I just got a second hand rear mavic aksium wheel from ebay, have just gone to fit a sram 10sp cassette and realized that I am short of 2 or 3 mm spacer that needs to go on the freehub first as the cassette will not fit properly. My Mavic krysium rear wheel has such a spacer already thats how I realized what was missing. Question is does this spacer normally come with the cassette or with the wheel? It wasn't included with either, but the cassette is brand new. Should I contact the seller of the wheel and ask for the spacer, or would a bike store have one lying around that I could have? or should it have come with the cassette?

thanks.
MTB
2007 Specialized Stumpy Elite
199? Kona Explosif Shock Mtb

ROAD
2008 Jamis Zenith Pro
2008 Ribble 7005 Audax

Comments

• Jonr
    Sorry just realized that previous topic was about the same spacer, but it doesn't answer my question. I did do a search before posting!
    MTB

ROAD
    2008 Jamis Zenith Pro
    2008 Ribble 7005 Audax
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    there should be one spacer whith the mavic hub and one spacer with the cassette IIRC.

as i seem to recal the mavic freebody is longer.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Jonr
    ok thanks
    MTB

ROAD
    2008 Jamis Zenith Pro
    2008 Ribble 7005 Audax