Kick up backside needed please

linsen
linsen Posts: 1,959
edited April 2009 in Commuting chat
I really should confess that I do not cycle to work very often these days (though I do ride a lot)

Life, in all its glorious forms, has got in the way, I have got all disorganised and so I have got out of the habit.

A good telling-off from you lot should get me back on track.......

Or maybe I should just pop to the LBS on the way home and buy myself a bike I can put panniers on.......

Mmmm not sure how bike number 5 would go down....
Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Not sure that's the normal treatment for sciatica ;)

Anyhoo, WTFU, get on yer bike, go, Go, GO!
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Ahh Linsen why can't my wife be more like you? Apparently 2 bikes is more than enough even though we have a garage with more than enough room to swing a cat (hi Boris!) tut! :(
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • linsen
    Well sciatica pain has been superceded by pain from falling-off thingy.

Anyway, if I don't ride I get very depressed

But thanks for reminding me!
  • linsen
    prawny wrote:
    Ahh Linsen why can't my wife be more like you? Apparently 2 bikes is more than enough even though we have a garage with more than enough room to swing a cat (hi Boris!) tut! :(

I have many bad points too :wink:
  • prawny
    linsen wrote:
    prawny wrote:

I have many bad points too :wink:

You've not met my wife! :lol: I went out on my mountainbike at the weekend, she told me outdoorsy people make her sick :shock:
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    linsen wrote:

Anyway, if I don't ride I get very depressed

But thanks for reminding me!
    Oopsie. :oops: I've got a tight IT band if that's any consolation (Note to self: stretch more)

I get grumpy after a few days off the bike
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    linsen wrote:

What you do in your bedroom, swinging from whatever apparatus attached to your ceiling is your own business...

I have many bad points too

Yes be careful Prawny she may go all teacher on you and learn your a$$.... :shock:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • prawny
    Learn my a$$? It would take her ages! Thats me on the left <--
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • linsen
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    linsen wrote:

What you do in your bedroom, swinging from whatever apparatus attached to your ceiling is your own business...

I have many bad points too

Yes be careful Prawny she may go all teacher on you and learn your a$$.... :shock:

Your attempts to reduce this thread to an altogether more base level are hereby rejected, DDD

:wink:
  • girv73
    girv73 Posts: 842
    Go on, you know you won't regret it.

Just a little ride. You can quit any time you like.
    Today is a good day to ride
  • Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200
    Sounds like you and Sarajoy have the same problem, to which the solution seems pretty straightforward i.e. get into a routine involving preparing everything the night before, including keys, money, clothing etc. so that the whole process becomes automatic. Then do this every day, rather than having the odd day off. :)

(Ever noticed that men always have solutions to problems encountered by women?) :wink:
  • DonDaddyD
    linsen wrote:
    Your attempts to reduce this thread to an altogether more base level are hereby rejected, DDD

OK, I'll mature up.

You could purchase bike number 5. If you did you could rationalise it as "The panniers allow you to take your school books/marking to and from work in a healthy fashion".
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • linsen
    Thank you DDD that is just the rationalisation I need for a little retail therapy (she says, wondering when BoB will notice this thread.......)

To Prawny - I feel for you. The great outdoors is the best playground in the world.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Positions Linsen's backside (oo er :shock: )

Pulls on kicking boots (sidi 'natch)

crossf_srs_blabla_166_detail.jpg

takes looooong run up and

CHARGE!

ass+kicking.jpg
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    How about just getting on the scales?!?!? :)

It frightens me enough every time I do it ;) ...the scales don't like me standing on them either :(
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • DonDaddyD
    Positions Linsen's backside (oo er :shock: )

Pulls on kicking boots (sidi 'natch)

crossf_srs_blabla_166_detail.jpg

They are some damn sexy boots, do they do a road bike SPD-SL version?

How about we get Linsen and her slightly muscular-female looking legs to model... OOoooo..... I nearly passed out
    Food Chain number = 4

• linsen
    Or how about erm, not.

I have great legs - for cycling.
  • gbs
    gbs Posts: 450
    )

(Ever noticed that men always have solutions to problems encountered by women?) :wink:

True, but that is not what you are supposed to offer! A sympathetic mien and a cuddle are what is required usually.
    vintage newbie, spinning away
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    ass+kicking.jpg

Much too big to be Linsen's pert posterior from what I can remember of it at the xmas pi$$ up. The biggest ass that night was me for missing the train home :(
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • linsen
    Well April being a new month and the sun shining and all, I gave myself a right royal kick up the whatnots this morning and rode in.

A good decision, though getting up earlier to have a bit of breakfast first would have left me feeling even less regret.

Make the most of this sunshine, folks, if the last two years are anything to go by, this is SUMMER!
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    linsen wrote:
    Well April being a new month and the sun shining and all, I gave myself a right royal kick up the whatnots this morning and rode in.

A good decision, though getting up earlier to have a bit of breakfast first would have left me feeling even less regret.

Make the most of this sunshine, folks, if the last two years are anything to go by, this is SUMMER!

Yaaaay! What is this falling off thing? :shock:
  • linsen
    Oh I fell off. Very undramatic. After a glorious 68 mile ride round the New Forest I fell into my driveway, pretty much. Grazes to hand, lump on hip and nasty ouchy elbow, but otherwise unharmed.....
  • soy_sauce
    soy_sauce Posts: 987
    sell your car then you will have to commute to work every day.
    "It is not impossible, its just improbable"

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • linsen
    Hmm good thinking. Shall I also sell the children that need transporting in it occasionally?

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    linsen wrote:
    Hmm good thinking. Shall I also sell the children that need transporting in it occasionally?

Mark'll take 'em off your hands! I mean when you've got 5 what difference will a few more make!

:lol:
  • DonDaddyD
    linsen wrote:

Mark'll take 'em off your hands! I mean when you've got 5 what difference will a few more make!

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Food Chain number = 4

• lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    linsen wrote:
    Oh I fell off. Very undramatic. After a glorious 68 mile ride round the New Forest I fell into my driveway, pretty much. Grazes to hand, lump on hip and nasty ouchy elbow, but otherwise unharmed.....

Ker-plunk. Glad you're OK!

I had a bit of a spill going at a fair speed down a dirt road on my K-Mart machine - the corrugations got me!! Bruise nearly gone now...
  • linsen
    LiT you have a PM