Marmotte accomodation

yakk
yakk Posts: 589
Yeah I know, I've left it really late and everywhere I've looked are fully booked. I was wondering whether anyone who is going knows if where they are staying still has a (double) room available for the 2-4th July.
This is the voice of desperation really, so many thanks for taking the trouble of sending an e-mail/asking.
Yak

Comments

• richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    Have you tried...
    www.alpe-vacances.com
    LA CENTRALE DE RESERVATION
    TEL : 0033 (0)4 76 80 9000

I booked about 5 weeks ago and there vas a few options from €250 for 3nts.
    Rich
  • you're not too late......you're too early ! I was going to do the Marmotte last year and was told by Alpe Dhuez tourist office that they won't know how many Hotels will be opening in the resort for the summer season till at least end of may.
    I think you'll find that there will be loadfs of accomodation available nearer the time.
    I'm going over this year and haven't got any accomodation sorted yet...am going to leave it till i get there , and pop in to Tourist office on arrival,its easy to find.
    Some mates went over last year and this was what they did , no problem.
    And i would strongly recommend a hotel in the resort , as the last thing you will want to do is have to ride or drive back to your accom after the ride.

Hope that helps and good luck

Thomas The T
  • NUFCrichard
    NUFCrichard Posts: 103
    Yakk, I'm in pretty much the same situation as you... I hope TtTE is right about late notice accomodation but it seems a bit of a risk to travel without anything booked up to me!
  • yakk
    yakk Posts: 589
    Hi there, thanks a lot for the replies.
    I eventually got a French mate who works in a hotel in France to phone/search, and she's come up with the goods. She says that most of the places she tried have been fully booked for ages.
    Anyway, thanks for the help. I'll have to get serious re the training.