High-Pace chain-gang rides in Manchester?

Bhima
Bhima Posts: 2,145
Anyone up for one? Need to improve my group riding - especially at higher speeds.

Been told that the Manchester Wheelers do these, but looking at the schedule on the website, every ride scheduled up to May is "hilly". :?

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Go riding with Willhub
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Macclesfield Wheelers Weds training ride (gets even quicker when it changes to the Thursday).

Flat 30 miler at a good pace...
  • Bhima
    Go riding with Willhub

Where there's a Will, there's a Way.

Talked to him about doing something in another thread. There was another person going riding too. Never happened though. I think they were trying to sort it out between themselves so I just left them to it. :? If they get their act together, I've got a mate who would come along too - it takes at least 3/4 to make it worthwhile and to keep the pace high consistently. Not too sure what the deal is with that though.
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Macclesfield Wheelers Weds training ride (gets even quicker when it changes to the Thursday).

Flat 30 miler at a good pace...

Brilliant, i'll check it out!

....but "Flat" - in Macclesfield? :shock: :lol:
  • Anonymous
    They head out from Macc to Holmes Chapel on the back roads, turn right along Knutsford road, then through to Alderley Edge for the only climb, on to Prestbury and back to Macc.

It's a good run, pace is around 23-26mph.
  • Bhima
    Sounds like a good route - I do that all the time anyway. :D

On the website, it says it's for members only though - so I wont just be able to turn up on Wednesday?

I'm out most days and it's a shame that most clubs only run on certain days (although, I guess it's only practical as not everyone is a layabout student like me :D and doesn't have the time) I'm not too bothered about joining in order to take advantage of these rides, although i'm thinking of joining about 5 clubs now to compensate for the fact that each one only goes out twice a week; it's getting ridiculous! :? :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Macc Wheelers goes out 4 times a week, 5 including the Wednesday all day run. There are decent paced Training rides on a Monday (usual average including the final climb is around 21-22mph despite what it says on the website) and also a fast Sunday morning ride that is similar to the Wednesday ride.

Membership is only 12.50 for the year!
  • Bhima
    Problem solved! :shock: :D

Definately joining then! 8)
  • Anonymous
    Super!
  • Anonymous
    Go riding with Willhub

I dont do chaingangs, too fast for me.

Bhima I forgot about the thread and all that sorry. I'm sure I can come out some nights, I have tuesday and wednesday off college if you can do anything those days? I'm away for 2 weeks after this week.
  • Bhima
    In Uni till noon on Tuesdays and have Wednesdays off also.

I've started doing something rarely done by students - getting up at 6am to go out riding. :shock:

But now the clocks have changed, it's bloody freezing at that time, so i'll have to get back to my lazy ways.

Can't do this week though, got too much going on. Just let me know when you get back from wherever you're going...
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Bhima wrote:
    I've started doing something rarely done by students - getting up at 6am to go out riding. :shock:

I get up then and go to uni :shock:
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Anonymous
    I'm at work by then if I'm riding in! :shock: