what saddle to buy

aircooleddude
aircooleddude Posts: 79
edited March 2009 in Road buying advice
Hi all, I have just bought a BeOne Briza 2.0 to use as a second bike and it's a great bike for the price but the saddle is soooo painful!!! I am only looking to spend £20-25 as it's a second bike. I see Cycling Plus have given this a good review:

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... ddle-30864

The other one I was considering is this:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=15927

Any advice to relieve my aching parts would be greatfully received!

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The problem you have is that everyone is different, one man's ass hatchet is another man's Eames chair...

If you can find a shop that lets you try some out then that would be fantastic.

Otherwise the joys of ebay could be investigated, buy a saddle on there, if you don't like it, flog it on at a minimal loss.

What do you use on your main bike? If you like that then get one the same.

I use Fizik Aliante saddles, I love them, I was lucky and found something but they may be no good for you..
    Good luck
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    it's akin to asking what girl to marry

the only advice I have is that everyone is different, try as many as you can, and when you find a good one stick with it. 8)
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • topdude
    topdude Posts: 1,557
    If you have £20 or so to spend then buy a Charge Spoon, If you were looking at spending £70 i would buy a Fizik Arione. I have tried both and the Spoon was good but the Arione suited my backside better.
    Only my opinion of course :wink:
    He is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy !!
  • Speed_King
    Speed_King Posts: 510
    i got a fizik gobi and a speciallized ti race saddle both are comfy it is as they say try before you buy ad see what is best fit
    G.H.Allum
  • Hi all - I use a fizik something or other that came with my Giant TCR Alliance. It's really narrow but hardly gives me any pain at all. Thanks very much for the help I really appreciate it. Maybe I will go for the same as I have already.