Wilier Izoard - Best Buy ?

kingrollo
kingrollo Posts: 3,198
edited March 2009 in Road buying advice
I am looking to buy a wilier Izoard later this year - anybody know where I can get the best deal ? - the best so far is £1900 from Epic Cycles with a 105 build - or slightly cheaper with Centaur ?

thought about importing - but that doesn't seem such a good option right now !

Comments

• Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    What is the best deal now, may not be the case if you're buying later in the year. I'd worry about it when you're ready to buy (or at most a few weeks away). If you can wait until September you may be able to pick up a 09 bike cheaper as the 2010 bikes come out.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • chriskempton
    chriskempton Posts: 1,245
    Sure I've seen better than 105 for £1900 but can't remember where. Last weeks Cycling weekly? Think somewhere had Centaur for <2k
  • ukracer
    ukracer Posts: 421
    rutland cycles were 1750 with centaur and fulcrum 3s a couple of months ago , but think prices have gone up and spec down since
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    a wilier with shimano on it???

NAY! NAY! AND THRICE NAY! :shock:
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    slightly cheaper with centaur?

really??

truly a case of more for less! - centaur is closer to ultegra than 105 - bargain!
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    gkerr4 wrote:
    slightly cheaper with centaur?

really??

truly a case of more for less! - centaur is closer to ultegra than 105 - bargain!

Is it the Carbon Centaur?

If so snap it up , if you like Campag shifting, if not then do what you like best :D
  • kingrollo
    I started off with Ultegra which I thought was excellent - my next bike had centaur - initially I wasn't that impressed but, to be fair - I have had it 8 years without an issue - I find the shimano break more comfy - which I why I am leaning towards shimano.
  • kingrollo
    I started off with Ultegra which I thought was excellent - my next bike had centaur - initially I wasn't that impressed but, to be fair - I have had it 8 years without an issue - I find the shimano break more comfy - which I why I am leaning towards shimano.
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    You prefer the brakes or the actual Shimano levers? If it's the levers then you might like the shape of the new 2009 Ergos.
  • kingrollo
    I prefer the shape of shimano brake hoods - I have sora on my commutter and find these much more comfy
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    There is an almost new Izoard frame on Ebay size 56 L.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo