The cull

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited March 2009 in Commuting chat
Whilst pottering in the garage/bike workshop this morning I couldn't help thinking where in the bejesus am I going to put my imaginary TT & Stealth SS bikes :roll:

I have a barely used MTB on the wall that gets ridden twice a year at the most, a Halfords 'ladies' shopper aka "The Beast" which does fine work everyday on the school run and is the only bike that has had nothing wrong with it in over 2 years since it was bought not even a visit from you know who. A rather nice fast hybrid which used to be my commuter and is now modified and on perm loan to Mrs itboffin as a part-time commuter shopper.

Then there's the tiny giant and a scooter both pink! mmmm clearly these have to go, two out two in and all that, no wait! even I can't be that cruel.

So out it is then with the Halfords Apollo XT580, the beast is no more :(

56380b51a0774680aac661bc08e38905.jpg

My heavy 18-23 steel Raleigh is going and so is the 531 steel hand painted single speed Raleigh :cry:

d76c60b922c54d1780b5ca6a5790d218.jpg

838383911731428fbd124ea768d0b927.jpg
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    Grass needs a trim fella :wink:
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    What are you planning to do with the SS's....

Not that I would take one of your hands... I wouldn't be seen riding one of those surely...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    What are you planning to do with the SS's....

Not that I would take one of your hands... I wouldn't be seen riding one of those surely...

Word on the street DX3 is that you wouldn't be seen on one as you couldn't stay on it for long enough.

One push off later and the elevator of shame and pain kicks in as the upswinging crank ejects you from your steed.

You drag the bike to the side of the road and pretend to check the spoke tension.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Ah Greg, your eye's must be getting old, you clearly can't see the small text in my post look again...

I was secretly enquiring as to whether ITB was selling or better yet giving away one of his SS's....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    That white one is lovely! Go on people, make him offers.

Will the stokers not miss The Beast?
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    In due course both Raleigh's "frame only" will be dispatched the beast I'm planning on cleaning for the first time and off loading it until some poor sucker eg neighbour where no doubt 2+ years of zero maintenance will pay dividends to the new owner woohahahahaha HA! :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • girv73
    girv73 Posts: 842
    Robmanic1 wrote:
    Grass needs a trim fella :wink:

And that driveway could use a dose of weedkiller ;)

That 531 SS is purdy. Wish I'd the room to take it off your hands.
    Today is a good day to ride