Anyone out there?!

Lucy1
Lucy1 Posts: 4
edited March 2009 in Road beginners
Hi. I live in the Burnham-on-Sea area in Somerset, and I'm looking for a female partner or bike group to ride with. I used to be a keen cyclist, but all put on hold due to family and work commitments. I managed to fit in 5miles daily, like to go fast, but it's getting boring rinding on my own. There don't appear to be any local groups near to me? I'm not exactly Tour of Britain material..............yet! But maybe one day. :)

Comments

• Not sure if this is any help, or if you've already seen the British Cycling website, but there is a list of clubs on there that might be useful for you.

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/si ... es&crpp=20
  • nipon
    nipon Posts: 68
    Hi Lucy, this is Nikki, Nipon's other half, i live in Burtle just up the road from you and ride the Mark, Wedmore, Huntspill ect. area most days,i do ride into Burnham but prefer the villages as they have less traffic i try to do 10-15 miles a day and i've just entered the 50 mile heart foundation ride. I do ride at a good pace but like you say am not Tour material. If you fancy joining me give me a shout.xx
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Lucy1 wrote:
    Hi. I live in the Burnham-on-Sea area in Somerset, and I'm looking for a female partner or bike group to ride with. I used to be a keen cyclist, but all put on hold due to family and work commitments. I managed to fit in 5miles daily, like to go fast, but it's getting boring rinding on my own. There don't appear to be any local groups near to me? I'm not exactly Tour of Britain material..............yet! But maybe one day. :)
    There are 4 CTC groups in Somerset. Look here and select South West. You could also check out foreign counties if you're near the border.

More info:
      CTC Bath
      CTC Bristol (seems to be on an intranet which is blocked for me) :?
      CTC WestFrome only has contact info, no website.

Oh, and welcome to BR, Lucy 1.
      A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill