Is Condor Cycles' shop open?

the_hundredth_idiot
the_hundredth_idiot Posts: 813
edited March 2009 in Commuting chat
I know they've got a big refurbishment going on and their website says they might not pick up the phone (just checked that point, and they were right :lol: ). But are they still actually open to relieve me of some of my hard(ish)-earned?

I've got a meeting on High Holborn tomorrow and might stop by for a bit of bike p0rn afterwards. (Or, more precisely, a couple of new short sleeved jerseys for the spring.)
Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.

Comments

• I know they've got a big refurbishment going on and their website says they might not pick up the phone (just checked that point, and they were right :lol: ). But are they still actually open to relieve me of some of my hard(ish)-earned?

I've got a meeting on High Holborn tomorrow and might stop by for a bit of bike p0rn afterwards. (Or, more precisely, a couple of new short sleeved jerseys for the spring.)

Should be. Last few times I've been past, the refurb is going on in the adjoining next door premises, that they've just acquired.

They don't pick up the phone because, well, they're like that sometimes.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Greg66 wrote:
    I know they've got a big refurbishment going on and their website says they might not pick up the phone (just checked that point, and they were right :lol: ). But are they still actually open to relieve me of some of my hard(ish)-earned?

Should be. Last few times I've been past, the refurb is going on in the adjoining next door premises, that they've just acquired.

Not that you're a regular there or anything. :P
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

Not that you're a regular there or anything. :P

Nah... Greeted by name, handshakes, cheers, they open the bubbly, close early once they've rung my stuff through the till... :D:wink:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    Well and truly open at the moment, and more packed than ever because of the tiny space they're jammed into right now. I'd give lunchtimes a wide berth probably, but the rest of the time it's fine.
  • Cheers.

My plan is to come out of there with just a couple of purchases. Enough that, when I leave, they put the kettle on and have a cup of instant coffee. Perhaps, if I get a little carried away, they might pop out to Caffe Nero. :lol:
    Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.