Orbea Customer Service

markos1963
markos1963 Posts: 3,724
edited March 2009 in Road buying advice
A bit of positive info for people looking to buy an Orbea bike.

A while ago I caught my shorts on the top tube badges on my Onix and I have been trying to find replacements locally to no avail. I went on to Orbea's website and sent them an email asking where I could find replacements in this country. Next day i got an email back asking for my address so they could send some to me FOC. Amazed I replied and two days later they have arrived, not one set but two! and a rather fetching Orbea pen.

When you are considering what bike to buy think of little things like this, it could change your choice.

Comments

• Similar experience for me with my Onix.

When it arrived (frame only) the mech hanger was so poorly machined that i couldn't get a mech to screw into it.

On the phone to Orbea, 3 days later i recieved a new mech hanger, the aforementioned orbea pen and a baseball cap!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Perhaps Bianchi could learn a lesson from them.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    My next bike will be an Orbea for sure.

I think one reason why Italian things do so well is the marketing. They are what I would call overachievers in all fields. Spaniard on the other side are underachievers. Probably as good a product as the Italians if not better but not so good marketing. I sense though that times are changing :)
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • marusches
    marusches Posts: 129
    didn't get a cap ? i sent them an email asking where i could acquire the orbea water bottles on their website 4 weeks later i am still waiting for a reply
  • leedow19
    leedow19 Posts: 29
    Hey guys, just jumping in here rather than start a new thread. What do you guys think of the Orbea frame/bikes? I am considering the Orca, not sure about the spec yet but would be interesting to know your opinions.
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    leedow19 wrote:
    Hey guys, just jumping in here rather than start a new thread. What do you guys think of the Orbea frame/bikes? I am considering the Orca, not sure about the spec yet but would be interesting to know your opinions.

I can only comment on the Onix, I have ridden an Orca but it was too short a ride to form a solid opinion. The Onix is a great allrounder, not too low at the front so you can get a reasonable position, the rear of the bike is tight and stiff(like me after a long ride!) so it makes it excellent on climbs(something most Orbeas are noted for). The Orca had a much more racier position and was a bit sharper handling. i have done about 2000 miles on the Onix and it has stood up well to my 85kg's and the poor back roads around here, the only gripe being the above mentioned frame badges which were sorted out with no problem.
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    I have an Orca leedow, what would you like to know? I have been very impressed with it so far (2000 miles) light, alert but comfortable. Some people who have looked at it have not liked the fact that the carbon is very thin on the top tube (you can squeeze it between your fingers). Personally it does not bother me in the slightest as I do not squeee tubes when riding it! :D But seriously Orbea are confident enough to hand you a lifetime warranty and how many manufacturers do that? I could not spend a LOT of money on something with a 2 year warranty. The best thing is though is the way it looks!

y6qpey.jpg
    y6qpd0.jpg
    y6qpef.jpg
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • leedow19
    leedow19 Posts: 29
    Hi Wicked, thanks for the info. Mainly I want to use the bike for sportives and visiting mainland Europe. I have a trip lined up for the end of this year, to Lyon in France, and would love to have a new bike by then. I love the more challenging rides and climbs. I was looking for a bike that is a good climber and comfortable over long rides (4-5 hours). Sounds like you are enjoying your Orca, I am more or less decided on the bike just need to convince the other half it is a worthwhile investment for around £2k - hopefully with Shimano 105 to be upgraded later.
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Yes mate I am certainly loving it! I test rode a wilier izoard as I was supposed to be buying one of them but TBH the wilier felt wooden and dead in comparison. The orca is grand tour bike so has the comfort for covering miles, they introduced the evo (incorrectly referred to as the 09 in some quarters) version which is stiffer for the racers out there. Get one you will not regret it! The only downside to it is the attention that it gets, everyone wants to have a look at it, if only my legs would do it justice!
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • gtitim
    gtitim Posts: 225
    I've been wanting an Orca for some time now, your close up pictures are really great (thanks) and have only compounded my desires. I really need to get one of these, just need to pay for my wedding first!
    @leedow - do you really want to put 105 on this glorious bike? I think that since you're already spending a fair wack you should at least put Ultegra on or perhaps SRAM Rival 09. I don't think 105 would do it justice. But maybe thats just me.