Giant distribution in the UK.

SimonLyons
SimonLyons Posts: 203
edited March 2009 in Road buying advice
I am in the process of getting a new Giant bike - ordered about 3 weeks ago. (Nottingham area).

The bike shop don't seem to know when its going to be delivered.
Apparently last week the distributors were doing a stock take so weren't sending anything out. But then this week nothing has been sent either.

Are Giant having problems?

Comments

• giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Doubt very much that Giant are having problems, they're the largest supplier of cycles in the world possibly.

You could check with Giant online directly for answers, the retailers are sometimes slow in correspondence.
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    You could check with Giant online directly for answers, the retailers are sometimes slow in correspondence.
    I suggest you go to the source - Tel. 0115 9775900 or info@giant-bicycles.co.uk

I had a problem registering my SCR online. Someone in After Sales at Giant UK was quick to respond and very helpful. I rang with a query about mudguard eyelets the other week as I'd not been able to fit mine. A chap confirmed sizes etc and suggested using a thread tap to clean the thread (as had been suggested on this forum previously).
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • SimonLyons
    Thanks for your help.

The shop now assures me they should be in next week - the distributor is just being slow. If nothing happens next week I will use the info. you give here.
  • incog24
    incog24 Posts: 549
    Giant are usually very good. I imagine they're just waiting for new stock to come in? They dispatch bikes on next day delivery if they have them in, and in my experience are really helpful.
    Racing for Fluid Fin Race Team in 2012 - www.fluidfin.co.uk
  • SimonLyons
    Well its a no show again for the bike so I have contacted Giant directly.