Ideas of where to ride

garetjax
garetjax Posts: 175
edited March 2009 in Tour & expedition
hi,

Im interested in doing some cycling in August somewhere in Europe, and am looking for some suggestions.

It will be just myself and family. Ideally a nice resort/town on the beach (for the family) , but with good cycling in the surrounding area, preferably mountainous.
Also be best if the town had a top quality bike hire shop, which would save me lugging my own out there.

Pollenca in Mallorca is exactly that sort of thing we are looking for but I have been there before and I would like to try somewhere else.

Anywhere in Portugal, Italy or France that fits the bill?

Was thinking Grenoble/Bourg d' Oiserns area in France so that I could do some of the high cols but not sure if there's much for the family to do there , or maybe the Italian lakes..?

Comments

• craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    A few years back me and mrs si pootled down the Italian coast from Livorno to Orbatello (that's on the west coast, Tuscany way) over six days.

Organised by Rad & Reisen who seem to have a big share of this sort of market in Europe. They took our bags from hotel to hotel, we cycled at our own pace. What a way to earn a beer and sit on the beach of an afternoon :D

They do supply bikes, nothing too exciting. We took our own.