ribble sportive...

mr.-marty-martin
mr.-marty-martin Posts: 16
edited March 2009 in Road buying advice
so what do you guys think of it???

any one got one?

im thinking of getting the £999 version that comes with cmpag centuar...

Comments

• anyone??????????????
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I don't know of anyone having one yet, I don't know if Ribble have started to send any out yet, must have done I would have thought.
  • DomPro
    DomPro Posts: 321
    It looks awesome from the pictures on the ribble website.
    Shazam !!
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    I wish they wouldn't put "Sportive" on the top tube.

It looks so..........well, you know :P
  • Keanocp
    Keanocp Posts: 60
    Mine arrived on Friday and it looks even better in the flesh.

I went for the frame and fork option and will build it with Sram Rival 09, FSA bars, stem, seatpost, Shimano RS20 wheels & Krylion tyres. Should all match nicely 8)

Can't wait for the groupset to arrive.

Any thoughts on the parts I've chosen?
  • giant_man
    Yes it does look awesome with those FFWD wheels, which aren't exactly cheap. Also shown with Campag Centaur. Goes well together.
  • andylav
    andylav Posts: 308
    The frame looks very similar to the Pedal Force RS2, which seems to get good write ups on the Weight Weenies forum and was positively reviewed in last week's comic
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    I've read elsewhere that it is the Pedalforce, and there's nothing wrong with that. The Ribble looks nicer though.
  • Got one 2 weeks ago- Centaur equipped.A very good looking and light bike.Have changed the saddle to an Aroine and will change the Khamsin wheels to existing Protons when the better weather arrives.On first ride was surprised how lively the steering was - made me think I've been riding with overtightened headsets.
  • any pics of them in the flesh???

yeh those ff wheels look nice but there realy not that good...
  • squeeler
    squeeler Posts: 144
    I got mine last week, I only managed to get out for a short test ride (10 miles) on it at the weekend as I had other plans.

I got the centaur version for £999.99 and am very impressed overall. Coming from a shimano XT equiped mountatin bike the shifting action seems a little vague by comparison but the whole bike is silky smooth and feels very "right"

edit: I second what another poster said it does look very nice in the flesh
  • giant_man
    some pictures guys?? :lol:
  • galaxyboy
    galaxyboy Posts: 168
    Ah at last, I've been looking for owners in the 'cake shop'. I am looking to possibly purchase one to enable me to get some distance rides in a bit quicker than at present on my super galaxy :oops: . I know the bike does not make the rider but surely it will make my rides a bit quicker. Any owners tried it on long rides yet?