Motivation? Pah!

dg74
dg74 Posts: 656
edited March 2009 in Road beginners
One of them days. Stuck between Yes and No for riding. On the one hand, I know I have wed and thurs off to ride this week but today - I am really struggling.

I think a run may beckon instead later on.

:(

Comments

• Cross training is a good thing!
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    dg74 wrote:
    One of them days. Stuck between Yes and No for riding. On the one hand, I know I have wed and thurs off to ride this week but today - I am really struggling.

:(

JUST DO IT! Jeeze, I wish I could go for a ride instead of driving this desk! :x
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    I was umming and ahhing yesterday (despite the glorious weather). My missus virtually kciked me out on the bike - once out loved every minute. Wish I was out there today!
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • dg74
    dg74 Posts: 656
    Cross training is a good thing!

Yep. Just done a nice run with some press-ups and sit-ups thrown in for good measure.

Feel better already and look forward to wednesday when I will be out for a ride.
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    We all get days like this. It's part of cycling, and like someone mentioned it's often these rides which are most rewarding.

I was planning on sitting around the house today, but I went out in the wind and rain. It was a pretty good ride. I'm glad I went.

Cheers
    Pedro
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • jimycooper
    jimycooper Posts: 740
    ionly time i ever struggle with motivation is when i've got to go on my turbo :twisted:
  • Barkiesnake
    Barkiesnake Posts: 244
    Jake151
    Nice bike, which of the defy range is it? I have just ordered a defy2 and am collecting at the end of the month.
    Can't wait
    "If you think you can, or if you think you can't, your right" Henry Ford
  • nickcuk
    nickcuk Posts: 275
    Even on a low motivation day, setting out on a 30 minute 8-miler usually leads to a change of route once I'm on the road and it's off for a 17-20 mile jaunt.