Good arm warmers?

dave milne
dave milne Posts: 703
edited March 2009 in Road buying advice
hi,

I have really skinny arms and the arm warmers I currently use (size small santini) don't grip at the top properly and look really stupid as well as leaving an inch or two exposed to the wind.

Anyone know any good brands for skinny arms?

cheers

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    I know what you mean. I'm 5'10" and ~65kg, some small armwarmers grip ok but are too short. The ones I've got that fit my skinny arms are assos roubaixs (size I) and castelli nano (size m). Ok, so both are at the upper end of the price scale but for me it's worth it for the fit.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    If you can find any, the small Nike (I know, I don't like looking like Armstrong either), they're good.

I'm a skinny 56kg and 1m72 and they fit snugly but are a fair bit too long.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    A programme of serious self abuse should build your arms up admirably and your current ones will then fit you. Plus the training programme is more than a little enjoyable. But you may need to purchase some spectacles. :wink:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • AssOs
    AssOs Posts: 72
    I'd go with the nike ones if you're looking for a tight fit, although some of the sizing is different depending on where it's marketed for.
    Bought some nike arm warmers which were large and were too tight to get on and the leg warmers in medium were like wearing flares. Even my us postal gillet in small is like xxxl.

Favorite arm warmers at the moment are lusso roubaix.
  • morrisje
    morrisje Posts: 507
    These ones from Defeet are very good. They are made of a different material than lycra, very stretchy and a close fit. They have a small size.

http://www.totalcycling.com/index.php/p ... ncy&id=GBP