Woop! Cycle to Work Scheme....

Sewinman
Sewinman Posts: 2,131
edited March 2009 in Commuting chat
So our accouts bod has decided he wants a bike (a Cannondale Bad Boy!?), which means he can be bothered to set up the scheme. I have two weeks before launch to decide what to get - which is hugely exciting and I don't want it to be over.

I already have a Trek 1.2 which I am happy with and commute on. I have a hybrid that i never use anymore. So what to get!?

I am torn between a fixie commuting steed or the most expensive road bike I can manage (£1k). I do a bit of weekend cycling but at the max it is 30 miles.

I was also wondering if i could get shoes, clothes and pedals etc?

No doubt this subject has been doen to death, but what of my bike choice? I have to use Evans...

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Pour the entire cycle scheme into a Carbon Fibre bike.

Use your salary to buy pedals, shoes and clothes.

Take a trip down to DeVer for the bike, they'll set you right.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Pour the entire cycle scheme into a Carbon Fibre bike.

Use your salary to buy pedals, shoes and clothes.

Take a trip down to DeVer for the bike, they'll set you right.

I thought you would say that! But you know I have this thing about me 'wasting' a carbon fibre bike on myself. However, I could use the Trek for commuting and keep the nice bike for the weekend.

I am tied to Evans.
  • I was also wondering if i could get shoes, clothes and pedals etc?

Yes, under C2W you can get bike plus associated clothing and bits and pieces. That includes tools... Just sayin'...
    2008 carrera vanquish - FCN: 8
    2009 giant bowery 72 - FCN: 5