Last night I dreamt about Always Tyred..

don_don
don_don Posts: 1,007
edited March 2009 in Commuting chat
I have no idea what triggered this dream, but if anyone knows about such things and can enlighten me, I'd be grateful:

I was visiting Bristol for some reason and decided to go for a run. I ran up through some woods and came to a small quarry on the side of a hill. A large quarry truck drove up the road and turned into the quarry. The driver was dressed in the full 'V for Vendetta' kit, including the mask..

I immediately thought 'That's Always Tyred, I'll go and say hello'.

As I walked into the quarry I could see two other trucks already there and that their drivers were dressed as the Mad Hatter and Little Bo-Peep. I wondered what sort of business model the quarry owners were using if they made their drivers dress up like that.

All three of them went into the site office which was a small porta-kabin. I went in to find them having tea. Always Tyred had taken his mask off and was a tall, dark, handsome type in his 30's, with curly black hair and a square jaw. He was a bit like a better built Rufus Sewell, and wore cycling leggings under his cloak.

I said 'Hello, I'm don_don!', to which AT merely replied 'Ah, so you're don_don'. Then they all ignored me.

I woke up before I got to find out who the Mad Hatter and Little Bo-Peep were.

Can anyone shed any light on what this all means?? :?

BTW, I have never met Always Tyred, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't drive quarry trucks for a living....

Comments

• Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    LiT will be gutted :lol:
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    At least this means that I have something in common with LiT.

EDIT - someone beat me to the LiT joke. :cry:
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Do you look like Rufus Sewell?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • always_tyred
    No (not knowing who said Rufus fellow is). I'm rather pale with a silly tash and goatee.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    He's a thespian.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • always_tyred
    cjcp wrote:
    He's a thespian.
    Would you call him that to his face?
  • don_don
    Feltup wrote:

I suspect that LiT was the Little Bo-Peep character and Biondino was the Mad Hatter, but cannot be 100% sure...
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Sweet!
  • don_don wrote:
    Feltup wrote:

I suspect that LiT was the Little Bo-Peep character and Biondino was the Mad Hatter, but cannot be 100% sure...

That was my thought about Bo Peep too.

Did Bo Peep the trucker answer to the name "Dave", by chance? :wink:

As for Blondie, he's always there or thereabouts...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Crooky
    Crooky Posts: 604
    I would say it's work related...Are you employed?

The hill represents your effort (you have to run up it). Others who you consider superheroes (work colleagues) can get up easier and faster in a truck. You were the last into the meeting and after you were introduced you were ignored.

Diagnosis: You have a deep seated inferiority complex, you feel others are either more intelligent than you or better able to do the job that you are presently doing.

Am I right or am I right?

(Okay the madhatter and bo peep aren't superheroes but hey let's not be picky.)
  • don_don
    Dammit Crooky I think you might have something there :idea:

Except I'm reasonably good at my job I think.

I'm wondering if it has more to do with feeling inferior to the rest of the forum team, who have better, more expensive 'quarry trucks' than me...

I think it must mean that I need to buy a new bike to keep up :lol::lol:
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    ast night I dreamt about Always Tyred..

You poor fecker. Did you wake up screaming and floundering in a poop of perspiration?

:shock:

Last night I dreamt about long summer rides.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052

That's weird so did I :shock:

but what did I get instead today, grey wet windy and cloudy - BALLS!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    itboffin wrote:

Fricking miserable here today, I'm kicking myself for not riding yesterday when I had the chance!
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    itboffin wrote:

Fricking miserable here today, I'm kicking myself for not riding yesterday when I had the chance!

Hmm I would have been most amused to see you riding around yesterday wrapped in a duvet :wink:
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Hmm.. I dreamt the other night that wearing all these artificial fibres made electricity shoot out of me fingers and into the wall in my room :? :lol:

I often dream of cycling too. :)
  • always_tyred
    I hope this thread passes over to page 2 soon.

D'OH!
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Dreams are weird. They're (according to the BBC documentary) just your brain's way of processing data, no deeper meanings.

Nonetheless, weird! And a lateral leap to me as little bo peep. I am in a germanic area, I suppose... but not herding sheep.
  • Feltup
    Hi LiT, are you feeling ill at the moment? Just thinking that ill = crook in Australian and crook = shepherding tool. See how this could all tie in if you happen to be sick and Don Don has a psychic connection with you.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again :lol:

Couldn't resist...
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    You know what I hate this thread.

I had a dream about someone... on this site... :oops: I woke up and was like "WHOA where'd that come from!!?"

I also had a Kuota Kharma in this dream :P
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Feltup
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I had a dream about someone... on this site... :oops: I woke up and was like "WHOA where'd that come from!!?"

Was it GregT? Go on give us the sordid details.. giggity

Felt F55 - 2007
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
  • don_don
    Feltup wrote:
    Hi LiT, are you feeling ill at the moment? Just thinking that ill = crook in Australian and crook = shepherding tool. See how this could all tie in if you happen to be sick and Don Don has a psychic connection with you.

Well that's deep :lol:

I'll just adopt the lotus position and see if I can get a better connection...
  • don_don
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I kind of had the same reaction, but there were definitely no bikes in my dream.

AT did have cycling leggings on under his cloak. Maybe his bike was round the back of the porta-kabin... :wink:
  • don_don wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I kind of had the same reaction, but there were definitely no bikes in my dream.

AT did have cycling leggings on under his cloak. Maybe his bike was round the back of the porta-kabin... :wink:

Did you feel a desire to be taken round the back of the porta-kabin? Come on, you can say so here. You're amongst friends.

Mostly. :twisted:

Did Bo-Peep/Dave the Trucker have unfeasibly large hands, by chance?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Cheese - that what it is - whenever I have wierd dreams I blame cheese - could be you need a new bike though DD :D
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Dreaming about peeps of the net, especially ones you haven't met, is wierd.

if not for this thread I wouldn't have had this dream. I feel odd.

Oh well I feel safe in knowing that when i see said person i won't look embarassed, I don't blush (well I do, i just don't go red...)

I want to go back to dreaming about Supergirl on a Bianchi.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • don_don
    Greg66 wrote:
    Did you feel a desire to be taken round the back of the porta-kabin? Come on, you can say so here. You're amongst friends.

Perhaps if it involved admiring a nice shiny bike, then yes, I would have done :lol:

Now DDD, you've got me intrigued - what was this wierd dream you had??? Like Greg says, just between you and me...

:wink: