Scott Genius MC20 Rear Suspension selector issue

Justify
Justify Posts: 12
edited March 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi guys,

I've noticed that my rear shock selector (located on the handle bar) isn't selecting the full suspension setting anymore.

I can accurately select the lockout and semi-suspension setting, but when I push the selector to full suspension, it bounces back to the semi. Interestingly, if I get off the bike, select full suspension, and then get on, it will stay there.

Anyone have any ideas what's causing this, and how I could resolve the issue?

Many thanks.

Comments

• could be one of 2 things.

1. the screw that puts pressure onto the dial needs nipping up a little, it's the one in the middle of the selector itself

2. cable needs resetting

put the selector into lock out

undo both allen screws top & bottom of shock
    pull slack out of cable tighten the one on top of shock
    put selector into middle position
    tighten bottom screw.
    should be ok then

let me if it works out
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • Justify
    Justify Posts: 12
    Hi Scottgeniusltd2005

Sorry for only getting back now, been down with flu.

It would seem that the problem has been solved (touch wood), using your tip of tightening the slack on the cable, between the two allen key nuts on the rear shock.

Many thanks for that!

On a side note, I've noticed that the "arm" on the shock (which the cables activate) can be depressed much further than the range of the selector on the handle bar.

Is there a reason for this?
  • not sure but was told by the technician that they just need to be tightened up where they rest. unfortunately my shock went bad, leaking fluid every where and will cost me approx £130 to £140 when I get it back this week. And on top of that my hope pro 2 freewheel hub bearings have gone down as well, will need a new rear cassette, chain and front middle rings soon, expensive year so far for me :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    Cotic Soul rider.