New bike £500-£650

jax_number1
jax_number1 Posts: 3
edited March 2009 in Road buying advice
Hello everyone,

I have had trouble in deciding on which bike to buy.
I have missed out on most of the great deals for the 2008 bikes and I have had to up my budget from £500 to £650. :oops:
(I missed out on getting a Boardman Comp 2008 as Halford’s no longer have any in my area).
Could somebody please suggest a good beginner level bike within my budget?
I have been looking at the Cube Aerial 2009, Boardman Comp 2009 and the Giant Defy 3.
Any other suggestions?????
Thank you

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    You can get a Ribble with Veloce for £650:

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/SpecialEditionBikes.asp

(you need to use IE)
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Theres so many to choose from,Just go with your gut feeling or try them and feel which one suits you.
  • marusches
    marusches Posts: 129
    i would go for a beone from chain reaction cycles fantastic value for that money
  • Rhods
    Rhods Posts: 400
    I bought the Cube Aerial and love it. However - it's fairly aggressive and may not suit you. Suited me because I have a long back. Definately try as many as possible.

Having said that, Beone does sound like fantastic value though.
  • adeyboy
    adeyboy Posts: 113
    At that price range there is probably minimal difference between most of the main brands.... and I guess you would be unlikely to notice any difference anyway. I'm sure I wouldn't. I bought a bike in that price range and just went for the one that was stocked by the best bike shop in the area. I considered internet, other peoples reviews etc, but having the support of the LBS has been far more use than I could have imagined.
    Ask around, and go speak to a few different places I'd say.
  • New kit offer at Planet-X...

Buy a Shimano Alfine hub gear kit and an Alpine Carbon Cross fork, get a Pompino 135mm frame free for just under £400!

http://www.planet-x-warehouse.co.uk/aca ... lfineoffer
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • i Have A Giant defy 3 and got it with shimarno pedals, cleats and shoes from pedal on great bike, i think
  • Support your 'Local-Bike-Shop' & Consider the Giant Defy (Stupid name for bike model)
  • justresting
    justresting Posts: 292
    I like the name 'Defy' it chimes with the rebellious streak in me .........gotta go ,washing up to do.....
    ' From the sharks in the penthouse,
    to the rats in the basement,
    its not that far '
  • Rhods
    I also suffer from long back being 6ft3", I will try the Cube out in a few days my LBS has one in stock.

Cheers