Pearson Touche

Sea_Green_Incorruptible
edited March 2009 in Commuting chat
OK. After my woes with Cervelo (as discussed eslewhere) I am 9/10ths of the way to purchasing a fully upgraded Pearson Touche with the refund. Even better as I can get it under the CycleScheme.

I hesitate to write this after 10 years of 'going commando' in this area but I am seriously considering the mudguards option. I'm after the blue Touche, so the biq question for me now is: black or silver mudguards? Will black look cool and stealthlike? Or crap and drab?

EDIT: Sorry. I should say you can find at picture of the Touche here: http://www.pearsoncycles.co.uk/index.html?action=97

Comments

• wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    Black.
  • Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200
    OK. After my woes with Cervelo (as discussed eslewhere) I am 9/10ths of the way to purchasing a fully upgraded Pearson Touche with the refund. Even better as I can get it under the CycleScheme.

I hesitate to write this after 10 years of 'going commando' in this area but I am seriously considering the mudguards option. I'm after the blue Touche, so the biq question for me now is: black or silver mudguards? Will black look cool and stealthlike? Or crap and drab?

EDIT: Sorry. I should say you can find at picture of the Touche here: http://www.pearsoncycles.co.uk/index.html?action=97

I went with silver on mine (there's a picture below - bike 1). I really did hesitate but they've proved their worth this winter, and funnily enough have attracted only positive comments. I think they match the blue better, especially if you go for white wheels.
  • I use carbon effect coloured race blades...Work well on the touche. Only clip them on when there is a chance of rain.
  • Oh man! One of each.

Christoper: your's looks ace, though I am going for black rather than white wheels. As somebody with a pathological tendency towards black bikes, the fact that it is blue is bling enough for me!
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I'd go silver, I like to match accesories with the frame lettering. I am a tart indeed :D
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • barrybaines
    barrybaines Posts: 273
    I've got black ones on mine, think it looks good that way.
  • spacey99
    spacey99 Posts: 20
    None. Don't do it.
  • Oh well. At least there's a consensus on the matter... :roll:
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    prawny wrote:
    I'd go silver, I like to match accesories with the frame lettering. I am a tart indeed :D

No you're not, a true tart would never sully a bike with 'guards, bleurgh. :lol:
  • That's now two for black, two for silver, two for none at all and one for Raceblades. You utter gang of b*stards. :D
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Don't raceblades come in carbon flavour too? Hmm that might look nice :twisted:

prawny wrote:

No you're not, a true tart would never sully a bike with 'guards, bleurgh. :lol:

I did once buy a yellow crud race guard for a mountain bike just because it matched my graphics :oops:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    I use carbon effect coloured race blades...Work well on the touche. Only clip them on when there is a chance of rain.

I've got some raceblade copies on my "summer" fixie, they are better than nothing, in that they keep the worst of the spray off your face and back but they won't keep you dry on a wet road nor will they keep the salt & grit out of your bearings... in the couple of months since the winter hack died I've got more paint-chips, corrosion in the calipers, the chain's suffering and various exposed parts, threads etc are in dire need of attention to prevent rapid deterioration...

Go full length, unless you only commute in clean weather...

Cheers,
    W.
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    Silver!

There we go, tipped the balance for you :)
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Silver gets my vote as well. I've got silver guards on one bike and black on another. I think silver almost always looks better.
  • Ordered!

In blue, with silver guards (I can always talke them off for summer), carbon seatpin, nickel plaited chain (ok I am a BIT of a tart), Black Halo Aerorage wheels, Conti GP4000Ss and the Shimano brake upgrade. 48x18 gear ratio: any bigger and I will die on the Bristol hills.

I now officially have waiting for the new bike fever.
  • Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200
    Ordered!

In blue, with silver guards (I can always talke them off for summer), carbon seatpin, nickel plaited chain (ok I am a BIT of a tart), Black Halo Aerorage wheels, Conti GP4000Ss and the Shimano brake upgrade. 48x18 gear ratio: any bigger and I will die on the Bristol hills.

I now officially have waiting for the new bike fever.

Good man. I'm sure you won't regret it. Not sure if I am going to be removing my guards after last summer's shambles...