downhill, woodland trails in Lancs

****RACE-APE****
****RACE-APE**** Posts: 54
edited March 2009 in Routes
Hi, i am trying to find some good trails that i want to ride this spring & summer. I dont really like riding XC trials, so am looking for trails that are in woodland, but mostly trails which are flat with downhill, but not many steep, uphills, preferably some where in the North West, could anyone help me find these trails?? Thanks :D

Comments

• B.A.Nana
    B.A.Nana Posts: 23
    Unless you do uplift days I think it's an unfortunate result of physics that if you go downhill, you have to go uphill to return to the same point (i.e. where your car might be parked or to get to the top of that great downhill). You may be trying to achieve something that is not possible :wink:
  • JxL
    JxL Posts: 383
    Hi, i am trying to find some good trails that i want to ride this spring & summer. I dont really like riding XC trials, so am looking for trails that are in woodland, but mostly trails which are flat with downhill, but not many steep, uphills, preferably some where in the North West, could anyone help me find these trails?? Thanks :D

Yeah, you will have trouble finding this! Although there are a few good riding spots in woodland from what I hear; Gisburn Forrest (near Clitheroe), Lee Quarry (may not be woodland), and there is some stuff in Rivington/Belmont near chorley/bolton from what I remember.

If you set out for some trails during the week give me a PM, I should have my bike in next 2 days :)
  • Not much in Rivington, unless you go tearing up the Chinese Gardens, and that's getting us all a bad name, but youf don't care; GR8, m8, LOL wkd init

There's a small trail being built on Healey Nab which might suit, but it is short. There seems to be a downhill bit included, and the baggy jeans brigade have said "f*ck you, whatever you build we'll just build some trails that suit us when you've gone". I smell conflict!

Have a look at

http://www.badforum.co.uk/

for more details.
    Frank Yates
  • JxL
    JxL Posts: 383
    It may not have been Rivington then... My memory is not that good, remember going on a ride when I was in year 10 with science teacher and few other mates, took ages to get up but there was a nice downhill bit and a trail through the forest. It couldn't have been far from Chorley!