Torq Natural.

cyclingpunk
cyclingpunk Posts: 368
Does anyone here use this and any comments? I am thinking of getting some over the falvoured stuff as I want to try and avoid the other ingrediants as much as possible.

Can this be mixed with a bit of fruit juice to give it a pleasent taste or is it best just with water?

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    I used it, and found it great. I mixed it with fruit juice, not particularly nice on its own with just water for me.

However, I now mix my own, using ingredients from http://www.myprotein.co.uk. 3kg of my own mix costs about the same as a 500g tub of Torq, and contains the same stuff.
  • brucey72
    brucey72 Posts: 1,086
    whyamihere wrote:
    I used it, and found it great. I mixed it with fruit juice, not particularly nice on its own with just water for me.

However, I now mix my own, using ingredients from http://www.myprotein.co.uk. 3kg of my own mix costs about the same as a 500g tub of Torq, and contains the same stuff.

I was looking at this website and was considering making my own sports drink too. Out of interest, what ingrediens and ratios do you use?

Ta
  • cyclingpunk
    cyclingpunk Posts: 368
    Thanks for that. Looks great value! I assume the quality is just as good?

Have you tried any of the other stuff or do you just stick to the Maltodextrin?
  • normanp
    normanp Posts: 279
    I've used Torq natural and flavoured. Both have been good but I hav settled on flavoured as it has extra ingredients to help absorbtion and has a slightly sharp flavour that I don't get tired of.
  • topcattim
    topcattim Posts: 766
    I use Torq natural. I don't usually make it up to the same ratio as they recommend as I find it a bit too sweet and sickly if I do. But at 1.5 scoops per litre, I find it fine to drink without any flavouring, although I'll usually add a small amount of blackcurrant squash (at a ratio about half what I would use when making a drink for for my children) and I actually find it quite pleasant. I'd recommend the natural flavour as it is more flexible: have it plain, or add whatever flavouring you choose.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    brucey72 wrote:
    I was looking at this website and was considering making my own sports drink too. Out of interest, what ingrediens and ratios do you use?

Ta
    I use 2:1 maltodextrin and fructose, which is basically the same as Torq natural. I then add a little salt to help replace what is lost through sweat.

I also make gels using a tiny amount of caffeine, some maltodextrin and a load of caster sugar mixed with enough squash to just about dissolve everything in, nuked in the microwave then put in the fridge to cool. Goes lovely and gloopy, tastes great and gives a load of energy.